Thursday, January 22, 2015

Date with Our Girl

Tuesday we were able to have a day with our girl! These days actually don't happen a lot to where Lindsay is out of school and Austin is off and we have no other plans! We decided to make it a day about her. I feel a little guilty leaving Colby out but then I remember he had 3 years of just time with us and got to go on MANY field trips. So we brought him to school then headed to breakfast at the Ruby Slipper. I had never been there so it was fun trying a new place! The breakfast was delicious! We will def have to go back and bring Colby. After we walked around by the river before heading to the Insectarium. This is a place I rarely think to go. Since you have to park and walk a little farther then the other places I don't feel as comfortable bringing the kids alone I guess. Colby has only been a handful of times b/c we always go with Austin. Lindsay had never been. I wasn't sure how she would like it but she LOVED it! She was actually more into it then Colby ever was at that age. We think though since he hasn't been with his glasses might be one reason he was never as interested. I think he would like it now! So we will def be going back!
Lindsay loved looking at all the exhibits and was very well behaved. I think she was just soaking up the special time with us! She really paid close attention to most of the exhibits. She also did love things she could climb on or press buttons! We stayed over an hour I was shocked at her attention span. She really liked the butterfly room but was more interested in the birds and fish. She would shriek if a butterfly flew towards her. It was a fun morning!
Our week will be getting back into the swing of things. We started back to Lifegroup that evening. It was a good study on church membership and what that means. Looking forward to this series. It was good to be with all of our friends again.
The rest of the week is pretty quiet. There is a Women's Fellowship tonight. I hadn't planned on going bc Austin was supossed to take Colby to Cubscouts and I was going to stay in but at the last minute that got cancelled. I dunno I hate to miss I know I would have a fun time. But the introvert in me just wants to stay i my sweats especially on a rainy night and not go. We will see it will be a last minute decision. I do need nights out but honestly I enjoy nights with my kids too especially with Colby since I was gone Tuesday night and since he's at school all week. Lindsay and I have had a very low key day. Our typical Thursdays. We had breakfast at Chickfila then came home. Really she likes playing at home and I felt like I needed to catch up on housework and just have time to breathe. Yesterday was a very stressful day. Anyway its been a good and quiet day. This weekend won't be quiet so I guess that's one reason why I am avoiding tonight. Tomorrow will be busy then we leave for Hattiesburg after we pick up Colby. It will be a fun weekend and I am excited for the kids it just won't be very restful. I will update when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment