Thursday, March 26, 2015

AWARDS & Company

Well this weekend has truly been a busy one! Its been enjoyable but busy! 
Friday started with Awards Day for my little man. We were so proud of him for earning A/B Honor Roll for the 3rd Quarter. This is his 3rd Honor Roll in the last 2 years. He also got Perfect Attendance and earned Ready Reader in AR. I know he was thrilled to get 3 awards b/c that has NEVER happened! 
The rest of the day we spent cleaning house and preparing for company. 
Austin's family decided to make a trip down this weekend. His parents usually like to visit in the spring and this time they also brought his sister and her 2 girls to visit. We usually get them all a hotel room but this weekend the hotel was booked. His parents are staying with my parents and his sister and 2 girls are staying here. Needless to say we have been busy! I forgot honestly how much work having company is! I know the kids have had fun and its been great but it will also mean we will probably start our week very tired as well. 
So they arrived here about 5:30 on Friday evening. We took the kids outside to play first thing so they could tire themselves out and plus so the house wouldn't get too messed up. With the longer days it was nice to get everyone some fresh air. Lindsay had a HUGE meltdown fit though over shoes so she missed out on a big part of the fun! We stayed out about an hour. As it was starting to get dark we brought the kids in to take baths and wind down. Our Friday nights always consist of movie night so we thought that would be fun with company too. We ended up watching Sleeping Beauty. I think the kids really enjoyed the special snacks of popcorn and cookies too! After the movie we got our kids in bed. They were both pretty tired and fell asleep soon. I ended up sleeping with Colby. We had to put Wendi, Shelbi, and Maggie in his room since he has bunk beds. Poor Austin was stuck with the couch but he might sleep in Lindsay's room tonight with her. 
Saturday morning we were all up and going pretty early. Thankfully I got a good nights sleep and so did the kids! We made them eggs and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. They ate their breakfast then got dressed and ready for the day. I turned on Tarzan after so they could watch that while the adults got ready. We were soon all ready and dressed to leave by about 9:30. We decided to take them all out to City Park. We got there and went first to Storyland. We didn't last long in there...I think the girls were a little bored since they are 10 and 8. We ended up walking over to where the lakes and the playground are. They played for about 20 min before we went back over to the ride part. This was the part they were all really waiting for! We ended up buying a membership which I am really excited about. We will take the kids a lot this spring and summer I'm sure! We first rode the Ladybug. I think Austin, Maggie, and I were the most excited about this! Colby rode it but for some reason he acted scared. He rode every single roller coaster he was tall enough for in Disney but acted scared with this one. I am not sure if its b/c you can see the whole thing from where you wait ...whereas all the ones at Disney you can't really see until you are on them? Anyway I think he liked it but was a little fearful at first. Then we did the Carousel. Lindsay was so excited and wanted to ride a pink horse but as always she ended up getting scared after like a min and wanting off the horse? Then some of the kids decided to ride the Ferris Wheel then we all rode the train. It was fun I really wish we could have spent more time out there but we had planned on going to a place called Parasol's for lunch. It ended up getting a little stressful though. First of all it took us wayy long to get there b/c we kinda went a wrong route then we got there and there were no more tables which left us to eat outside. It wouldn't have been too bad except the sun was right in our eyes. The kids were whining...the adults were whining...we were all just hungry and tired. It was a rather tense moment. Finally we got our food and I think everyone felt much better. We came home for everyone to rest a bit and take potty breaks. The rest of them left again for the Aquarium. Lindsay and I stayed here to take naps. I was happy to stay here and rest with her. I needed a break from all the company. I mean I like being around people but I also need quiet so it was nice to have that time. They all got back around 5. I think they really had a good time so I was glad it worked out. We started dinner right away. The kids played and watched tv while dinner was getting ready. We had a big pot of gumbo which was tasty. We enjoyed eating together. After dinner we got our kids ready for bed. It had been a long day and with church the next day we knew our kids needed some rest. We got them to bed around 8. I tried to relax some that night but everyone stayed up kind of late. 
Sunday we were all up early. Company was getting ready to head back and we had to get ready for church. It was a bit of a hectic morning but it all worked out and we actually got to church EARLY! I taught 1st service and then we left. I know we haven't stayed for church all month but March has just been crazy! I hope to get back into that routine in April. Our little class has grown we had 13-14 kids again! They were all pretty well behaved though! I am so thankful Lindsay has so many little friends! 
After church we just went to eat at Chili's. With having company we were all exhausted but I didn't want to mess up the kitchen either. We enjoyed a low key afternoon and some family time with just us before starting another busy week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment