Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WEEKEND

So its finally Friday after quite a busy week! Although we haven't slowed down. Today we volunteered to help out one of the children's leaders at church with a project for Sunday. And since Austin was off he got to come too which was great! We finished in about an a hour and a half. We did get to go into the cafateria and catch a glimpse of Colby and tell him and his friends hello. I just love the "feel" of his school. The kids are so well behaved and the teachers and staff are so fun and friendly. I also love how so many of my "friends" are up there so I feel like Colby is being left with family. So thankful for our school! So then it was time to pick up Lindsay. We picked up po-boys and came home to rest. We had a nice afternoon then Austin got Colby. We were able to spend some time outside which was really nice. We had a home cooked meal then did our usual movie night. I just love stay at home Friday nights with my sweet family!
Saturday we had Austin at home again! We decided to take the kids out to the Zoo. We try to do big family things when Austin is off. Usually he used to work most Saturdays so the kids and I always did little adventures like the park or going to my parents. Since we can't really do the Zoo on school days anymore Saturdays are our best bet. And luckily the Zoo is so big it doesn't feel crowded. We all slept in which was wonderful after a busy week! We got to the Zoo shortly after it opened. The kids decided they wanted to spend time in the Swamp so that is where we headed. Although we stopped to enjoy all the exhibits on the way there. They enjoyed Monkey Hill and the old oaks. It was just a beautiful day for them to be outside and enjoy God's creation. We spent awhile enjoying the turtles and birds and giraffes. That seemed to be some of their favorites as well. When we got back to the swamp we probably spent about an hour back there. The kids were very attentive to enjoying the animals which was nice. They weren't begging to play on the playground or ride the train! I love those things too but I really love when a ZOO trip is all about the animals!! I feel like they even learned a lot b/c both were asking tons of questions. That afternoon we enjoyed relaxing and having a nice family night.
Sunday Austin had to go to work so it was just the kids and I. We planned on attending just the first service since we have been so busy lately and have not been able to come home early in awhile. It was refreshing to come home especially after a busy morning. We had 14 preschoolers! I was so happy to see so many but it is also very tiring but they were mostly all very well behaved. A friend of mine also came which I was very thrilled about! I hope they return sometime!
Anyway it was a great weekend of some down time and family time! As always they go by too quick though!

No comments:

Post a Comment