Saturday, March 21, 2015

STORYLAND & Conferences

I had the privilege of taking Lindsay on her very first field trip this week! So Thursday she had a field trip scheduled to Storyland. I was afraid we were going to miss it though. She started complaining of an ear ache Wednesday afternoon. She was up half that night! Thursday I thought she woke up with a low grade fever so I decided to go ahead and get her to the doc. We called her pediatrician but they were booked up. I went ahead and took her to an urgent care. I wanted to know if it was her ears or not and to possibly get medicine so we wouldn't be in the same place we were the night before. 
We really were lucky. We got to the clinic at 8:45 and walked right in. We only waited about 15 minutes before they saw us. We finished up quickly with ear infection diagnosed. We got our prescription and were on our merry way. I asked her if she felt up to the field trip and she said yes. I figured since it was ears and she wasn't running over 100 degree fever we were ok to go. Plus since I would be with her the whole time and could tell if she were feeling bad. On a normal school day she would have stayed home but I figured this was different. Anyway I am so glad we went! She acted fine the whole way and had a blast! 
They started out at Morning Call. They ordered beignets for the kids and milk. Lindsay didn't eat or drink anything. I am not sure if she was still full from her chocolate milk at home or with being sick it just wasn't appealing. She ran around under the oak trees with her friends though! 
They then walked over to Storyland. We hadn't been in awhile and she has never been without Colby I don't think. It was so neat having flashbacks of Colby's 3 year field trip there! She was mostly concerned with finding princesses. She really liked Rapunzel, Snow White, and Ariel. But she did also enjoy the pirate ship, Whale, little houses, animals, etc. She even went down the Dragon Slide alone! She played some towards the end with her little friends. It was mostly her and I just walking around talking and exploring! Wow again how is she 3? I remember taking Colby on this field trip! She was a baby and now she's the big girl going on field trips! As I always say I am treasuring these preschool moments b/c I know how fast they will fly! I am so thankful for Mrs. Abby and Aurora though! Its been 5 wonderful years of them helping to raise my babies!! 

That afternoon I had parent/teacher conference. Honestly I probably didn't need to go but I am that parent that even when my children have good grades I still like to meet with the teacher and just hear their perspective on how my child is doing. And this year Colby has had 2 different teachers so I haven't had much of an opportunity to hear from this teacher how things were going. She had all great things to say about him. She had very little concerns. He ended up making the A/B Honor Roll this quarter. He struggled a little with reading and phonics at the end but with the teacher dropping the lowest grade it still allowed him to be on the Beta Honor Roll. She said he's very sweet and respectful. She also reassured us that even though he's young with a July birthday that both academically and socially he's doing great! All that was great to hear! I just cannot believe he's almost finished with 1st grade though! 


No comments:

Post a Comment