Monday, March 16, 2015

Girl Time & Productivity & Rest

So this weekend has actually been a pretty restful one for the most part.
Friday was a busy day though. Both the kids ofcourse had school. I had also volunteered to help in Colby's class. So after I brought Lindsay to school I went back up to Calvary. When I arrived they were taking their spelling tests. Basically I helped her get their classroom library back in order, re-arrange book shelves, and sharpen colored pencils. They had a snack break after the spelling test so I was able to walk around and visit with the kids a little as well. I just enjoyed being back in the classroom but also being in Colby's class and seeing how him and his peers interact. After their break they had a phonics test. When the kids finished the test they had to work on a language page so I tried to walk around help out with that as much as possible. I left when they went to lunch.
That afternoon Lindsay and I rested. Colby was going home with my parents so we didn't have to get back out which was SO nice! I just enjoyed the girl time. I always miss him but sometimes the quiet of 1 child is lovely too! We watched The Little Mermaid that night for our movie time.
Saturday Austin was off. So as soon as we were all dressed and ready we went to pick up Colby. We were anxious to see him and move on with our day. We had to go to Lowe's to order a new dishwasher and also to get our seeds so we could start our garden. The whole ordeal took WAYY longer then we expected but the kids were pretty good despite the long wait. Afterwards we wanted to eat lunch out. We stopped at the Mexican restaurant. Eating out with 2 kids still isn't easy but it is getting better =) We came home to enjoy our afternoon and relax. That afternoon we planted our garden and just enjoyed some outdoor time together.
Sunday Austin was back to work so it was just the kids and I. We were due to stay for both services but I just wasn't up for trying that alone with both kids plus due to us being so busy and Lindsay being under the weather we decided to just stay for the first. I am so anxious to get back into Worship service though! We had 11 kids in preschool. It was slightly hectic and we had mostly active boys! This time of year I think kids just get spring fever! They are ready to be outside with the weather warming up. It was good though I am thankful we are seeing so many families bringing their kids to church. That afternoon was nice just for the kids and I to relax and play. Colby and I also have been working on some school stuff. His grades are slipping a little in reading and phonics. Things are really picking up this 3rd quarter. I hope our review time at home will help him feel more confident on his tests. Right now he has As and Bs and 2 C+s. I am still proud of him though. Honor Roll really isn't a big thing to me but I hate for him to be sad that he doesn't get it. He's only gotten one award this year. I just hope he understands that he is still doing great and he just has to work hard maybe and get it for the 4th nine weeks =)
It was a great and restful weekend and we are gearing up for quite a busy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment