Friday, March 6, 2015

Sick Day

So this week has been another busy one. I have felt myself getting tired and stressed lately. I could also see the stress building up in Colby...this happens every fall and spring when life gets busy and school has just been going on and on.
The week has been a pretty good one though filled with our regular activities. Monday austin was really late getting home and I think that started our week with me feeling exhausted. Then Tuesday was really busy with school, Bible study, homework, carpool, and Lifegroup. We got in late that night. The kids were up late and Colby was grumpy and acting sickly. He's had a cough since Sunday and I could tell it was getting worse. Its been 2 years since his last "reactive airway" episode. I was worried it might get worse so Wednesday when he woke up looking flush and just not seeming like himself I decided skipping school was a must. Lindsay went on to school since she was well and excited to see her friends. I took her and ran errands while Austin stayed home with Colby. I think Colby really enjoyed the day off...and honestly I am ok with that. We all need a sick day sometimes ;). Once I got home he and I did a math lesson. We worked on the tens family and the doubles. We also did a test review. He enjoyed watching tv and playing as well. That afternoon we all just relaxed as a family. I worked on spelling that afternoon with him. I love homeschooling him like this! Not sure I would want to or could do it 365 days a year but once in awhile is fun! We cooked tacos and had a nice family time. We were supossed to go to church but we skipped that too. We instead did a family ice cream run! Those are always fun and with the warmer temps its just felt necessary!
Thursday was back into the groove. Colby didn't seem 100% but I felt like he needed to get back so he didn't miss too much. Lindsay and I also had a lunch date with friends. We went to the mall early and did a little shopping then had lunch with Lindsey and April. It was nice to just visit with some friends. After school Colby had a Cubscout meeting with Pastor Michael. One of their activities was to meet with a local religious leader. Well since all the boys attend Calvary Pastor Michael was the obvious choice. I think they all enjoyed it and it went really well. He first talked to them about what his job looks like on a daily basis how he prays for the congregation and does hospital visits. Also how he helps to run the school. He then took him to his office to show his sermon prep. I thought it was really cool for them to see the behind the scenes of what being a pastor means. He then took them on a tour of the worship center. This was really cool. They got to see a lot of the behind the scenes stuff: the stage, sound booth, baptistry, and other nooks and crannies. I think the boys thought it was super cool. The whole thing lasted over an hour. I was so appreciative of his time and humor with the boys.
Thankfully we were able to skip our normal meeting so when we got home we were in as a family for the night! We are now looking forward to a pretty restful weekend!! YAY for Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment