Monday, March 30, 2015

Zoo Day!

Colby had his Zoo Field Trip on Friday of this week. We have been excited about this and the upcoming Spring Break! This is his second field trip this year. This time the entire school took a field trip to the Zoo. I thought this was so neat for them to do the Friday before spring break! I brought Lindsay with me since she seemed to do really well at the Aquarium. I used to leave her with my parents when she was young but now I feel like she's old enough to enjoy it and not be a burden. I have to admit though there were a couple times yesterday I was wishing I had left her ;)
We got there and the ZOO was so busy and crowded I wondering how it would go. Yes it seemed busy once we were in, but luckily the Zoo is so big it wasn't bad. We were able to go in before most everyone else since we had a Zoo membership. Ella was assigned to me but her mom ended up staying since Eli needed a chaperone since he's in prek. They also had a membership though so we walked in early. We decided to go ahead and let the kids explore. Since we got in before the rest of the school we lost track of the rest of his class and friends. It ended up working out well though. We enjoyed our time with Melissa, Ella, and Eli. It was fun catching up with her. Our kids also get along really well. Colby and Ella have technically known each other their whole lives almost. But they have been friends since preschool. Eli and Lindsay are in the same class on Sundays and Wednesdays for the last year so they are close too. The kids really had a fun time. We did the reptiles and just meandered around at the start. We ended up under the oak trees and seeing the giraffes for a bit. We then did a quick tour through the Swamp and Monkey Hill before lunch. For lunch they made us eat outside the zoo. It worked out well though we had a picnic blanket and just ate on the ground. It was a nice break! We then headed back inside for the playground. Melissa being around 6/7 months pregnant was getting tired so we enjoyed a bench while the kids played. We finally decided to get up and go see the monkeys. After seeing all the primates we found another table and chairs and let the kids just play in a grassy field. We might not have seen the whole zoo but I think the kids had fun. I enjoyed it being low key and not feeling like we had to see every exhibit since we go pretty often. Colby had to ride the bus back so Lindsay and I headed back to the school just in time for carpool. 
We brought Nijel home that afternoon so it was really a busy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment