Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Birthdays & Palm Sunday

Whew we kicked off Spring Break with a bang this year! I guess now with 2 kids who are school age and have friends that is going to be life for quite awhile! Friday ofcourse was our field trip to the Zoo. That afternoon Nijel came home from school with us. It was fun for Colby to have him come over. I was tired though and I think the kids were a little exhausted as well. They played really well for the first hour then they all started to get a little cranky. finally after some dinner and going outside they were better again ;)
He left around 6 and we went ahead and took baths and got ready for our usual movie night. We watched The Princess and the Frog this week! I think we were all happy to go to bed that night though! 
Saturday it was so nice to sleep in and take our time getting ready! Lindsay had a birthday party for her friend Claire. My parents kept Colby for the party. I know I could have brought him too but I always try to make events special for the each child. Plus since Claire is an only child and I knew it was going to be mostly 3-4 year old girls he probably wouldn't be that interested anyway. I think he enjoyed a special morning with my parents. Lindsay had a great time at the party. Its fun watching her grow into a little girl and having her own little friends and life and not just a tag along to her big bro. The little girls are so cute! They had a blast playing inside and outside. They enjoyed eating string cheese, apples, and cake! I enjoyed visiting with the moms as well! That afternoon we had a low key day. We were all quite tired from the week. 
Sunday was a VERY busy day! We went to Aurora where Lindsay goes to preschool for their Palm Sunday Service. This is the first time they have invited the preschool children to sing in church. I was very unsure how she would do. She ended up doing great though! She sang and did the movements like such a big girl! Its amazing how far she has come in a year! I think she loved being in the spotlight. The teachers took the kids back to the their room to watch a movie during service which was so sweet. I think she enjoyed the "Jesus" movie she says. Colby sat in church with us most of the time but then went to Children's Church. I think he liked it too b/c the same lady who leads cubscouts also does Children's Church. After church they had an Easter Egg hunt. It was kind of crazy with so many kids but both kids found about 10 or so eggs so they had fun! It was a sweet time! They even had a pancake lunch after but we couldn't stay for that since Colby had a b-day party to attend. I am just so thankful not only for our church Calvary but for Aurora too. Both places have poured into our children and have been such a part of who they are now. 
So since we skipped the Pancake lunch we stopped at Cane's to eat lunch before the party! I am glad we did b/c they didn't feed the kids at the party until about 2. The kids had a blast. It was at a Bounce Place. Most of Colby's school friends were there so he was having a great time running around with them. I couldn't believe how brave Lindsay was! She was going down the big slides all alone! Even Colby wouldn't do that! They both had the best time. I was able to visit with some of the moms too which was nice. The only thing it was kind of tiring having so many activities on Sunday! So after the kids played for an hour and a half they went into the party room to eat and have cake. I think our kids only ate chips and cake...weirdos! 
That afternoon we came home and rested and tried to prepare for the week! It was a great weekend! So thankful for all the fun things for my littles and all their friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment