Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend







Well we are here in the midst of Easter Weekend! Friday started out as a nice Family Day. We had a low key morning then went over to Mrs. Doris' house to help her with a couple of chores. This was one of Colby's Cub Scout requirements. She just had a few small things for him to do in the back yard. It was fun just working together as a family. Afterwards we decided to go out to eat for lunch. Again just a nice family time. We rested when we got home b/c Austin had to be back for the Journey to the Cross. He was a disciple. The kids and I hung around the house. Our AC also decided to play out. We left to go up to the church around 4:30. The kids were excited to see the Good Friday activity. Colby remembered a lot from the year before. I was by myself with them for the tour but both did really well. I think its such a neat learning experience for them. 
Colby recently on March 29th accepted Jesus as his Savior. I have never been more happy and proud! He will hopefully be baptized sometime this spring! His little heart is just growing and learning so much. I know God has really been working on him lately. 
After the tour we visited for a bit outside with some of our church friends then we headed home. I was exhausted! 
Saturday was SO nice to sleep in! We had no agenda that day! Its rare that we spend an entire day at home but we figured it was much needed! We have been so busy this spring and there was a lot to catch up on around the house! The kids and Austin spent most of the morning outside. We also worked in our garden. I am so excited to harvest some veggies later this summer. We took it easy and rested then spent some time dying Easter Eggs. It was again nice just to take it easy around the house and have an at home day. After dinner we hid Easter eggs out in the yard with the kids which was a lot of fun! 
Sunday was EASTER Sunday ofcourse! And as always Easter is a wonderful but very busy day! We woke early to do Easter baskets with the kids and get ready for church. The kids were ofcourse tickled with their Easter stuff. We went to first service. I taught and Austin worked at the Welcome Tent. We had about 13 kids in first service. I really thought we might even have more then that b/c that's about average for us on a regular week. It was busy though and the kids were wound up I guess on Easter candy and just knowing it was a holiday! After first service they did egg decorating. I felt bad b/c I hardly got to see my kids during this time. Austin took them out while I was getting everyone squared away to their parents. By the time I got out there they were almost finished anyway but a horrible coughing spell came over me so I had to rush off to get juice. By the time I returned they were finished and Austin had to go back to the Welcome Tent. The kids and I went to sit down for a little juice break. We then went to get settled in church and so they could eat their snack. It was a BEAUTIFUL service. So moving! It was the first time I had been in church since February. I was so glad we stayed so I could be in there Easter Sunday. It was also special to have the kids with us. There were 4 baptisms and they were all children so that was cool for Colby to see too! After church we went to my parent's house to start setting up for lunch. We had a big crowd this year: My parents, All 4 of us, Randall & Elizabeth, Janet, and Henry, and our 3 children's interns Ryan, Stephen, and Jesse all joined us. It was fun having the guys there and I think the kids loved it! We ate and hunted for eggs. The day was full of memories and laughs! So thankful! We stayed until late afternoon then came home. By then we were all tired. We didn't get to nap though but did veg on the couch for a bit. It was a lovely weekend and I am sad to see it all end! I am going to miss Colby when he goes back to school! Luckily I still have Lindsay home for a full week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment