Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Weekend Blessings

Thankfully I woke up feeling much better Friday morning. I was able to get ready like normal and bring the kids to school. I was supposed to be a hall monitor again but when I went up there they said they were already testing and had all the positions covered! I was a little relieved I could come home and get caught up on housework and rest. 
Austin and I picked up Lindsay together and went out to eat for lunch. It was kind of a let down though at BWW but we still enjoyed our time together with our little girl. 
That afternoon we rested until time to get Colby. We got him from school and spent most of the afternoon outside. The kids wanted to use their camping chairs since our campout got cancelled. That evening we even let them get out the sleeping bags to watch their movie! We watched Big Hero 6. We all loved it! It was a sweet night for sure! 
Saturday we were able to sleep in which was lovely. We planned to go out to the Seminary to look at Bibles. I felt like it was time to get Colby his own real Bible. I mean he has children's Bibles but I wanted something a little bit more special for him. Since his recent decision and the age he's at I felt like now was the time. Sure enough he has been so excited about his new Bible. I am glad we let him have some say so in picking it out. I also got a new Bible. I had had the same Bible since Austin and I were married and it was for sure time for a new one! So I felt good about getting that done! We then went to Home Depot to get some supplies for Colby's Pinewood Derby Car and then had lunch at Panera. Again just a fun day of being out as a family. That afternoon the boys worked on the car and my parents even stopped by for a visit. It was a fun but laid back day. 
Sunday Austin was back to work so it was the kids and I at church. We had 10 in our preschool class. I felt like it was a good week. We have this group though of boys that they are definitely ready to promote. I love them and will miss them like crazy but its starting to be obvious they are over the preschool scene ;) We came on home after the 1st service. Since it was just me with the kids I wasn't up on staying by myself for 2 services plus I still didn't feel 100% after my sickness. We enjoyed an afternoon of relaxing and playing outside. That evening we took a drive to get icecream! That was nice! Now I feel like we are all rested up and ready to take on another week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment