Monday, April 13, 2015

Lindsay's Spring Break

Well this year as I have already mentioned the kids had split spring breaks. So this week while Colby is back in routine I have Lindsay at home full time. I am enjoying this for several reasons. I like having the time with her to just soak her up at this precious 3 year old age and it makes my life less hectic only having to bring 1 child to school and go by one school schedule instead of two. 
Tuesday was our day to get back into routine. Lindsay and I brought Colby to school then went grocery shopping. We got that done. Our maid was here that day so it made our day a little crazy but it was nice to just hang out at home and play. That evening our Lifegroup got cancelled which I was relieved. I felt like we all needed a night in. Plus Bailey our 13 year old cat ended up at the vet that evening. He's in the midst of kidney failure. So that night though we did get to play outside with the kids which was nice! 
Wednesday was a free morning for Lindsay and I. We brought Colby to school then stopped for coffee and bread. We made our way to the vet to check on Bailey. I was really pleased with how he looked and acted. The vet said he's doing much better. Hopefully he still has a few years to live. Bailey has seen us through so much. We got him in 2003 while we were still dating. He's seen us through engagement, marriage, 5 different housing, hurricanes, children, and other pets! 
So after the vet I took Lindsay to the park. Its rare that she and I get to go to the park like that. I used to bring Colby ALL the time but now with his school schedule and hers it doesn't feel like we get to go as often. It was nice though and the weather was great. I just hope it doesn't make my already bad cough worse :(. I think she had fun playing. I hope we get more time to do this now that my spring Bible study has ended. It would be good for us both. I so want to instill an active lifestyle into my kiddos. Plus I believe the sunshine and activity is good for myself too! We came home about 10 so I could get some housework done. It was nice just having some play time with her. That evening we had church. We ended having 6 kids in our class! It was nice to have that many since the week before we only had 2. Even though its more hectic its also more fun having a lot! Thankfully I had the help of Mr. Ryan and Mrs. Natalie. 
Thursday I had a hair appointment so my parents kept Lindsay all morning. I enjoyed the time to myself although I do sometimes hate that my hair appointments take up half a day! It was good to get it done now with spring here though. Lindsay and I ate lunch and napped before getting Colby. Austin took Colby to Cubscouts that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment