Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Break

So I have had Colby home all week since its his Spring Break. It was sorta bummed at first that the kids didn't have the same break this year but at the same time I was excited to spend 1 on 1 time with each of them. Especially with Colby b/c that rarely happens! So Monday Lindsay went to school.I forgot how easy it was to just get one to preschool instead of leaving the house at 8! We were able to sleep in until 7 which was awesome!  I think its been fun for him to go back to his old school and see everyone. We brought her to school then grocery shopped. He really was a big helper at the store. Afterwards we had a little time at home. I think he enjoyed the quiet but also missed his sister! That afternoon we were busy with friends over! Eli and Ella came over to play. We missed our rest time but it was fun having friends over! The kids all play pretty good today. Ella is 7 and in Colby's class and Eli is 5 but is in the preschool classes with Lindsay at church. They all 4 enjoyed outside time and played pretty well. We came inside and had a snack but then things got a little crazy. Eli and Colby were butting heads over almost everything! Finally Eli and Lindsay decided to go off in Colby's room to play. I think they were both tired. The big ones were glad to have a little peace for a bit. Once they left is time for dinner and then baths and bed. Needless to say I was wiped out that day! 
Tuesday was an early day for all of us! I had Bible study which meant even though the kids were off school we all had to be up and out the house! My parents picked them up and took them to breakfast and kept them at their house. Bible study was good it was our last week. I know I will miss that fellowship time with other ladies but I was also happy to re-gain a free morning during my week. We won't start back until summer so I will have a couple months of freedom. I know I will be missing it though come June! That afternoon the kids and I just relaxed. We were glad to have a free afternoon. Austin had rehearsal that night for our Good Friday thing at church. 
Wednesday Lindsay had school again so we were all up early again for that. While she was at school Colby and I went to my parents house to bake cookies for Lindsay's Easter party. I think he enjoyed having the attention of the grandparents. I enjoyed the time as well. That afternoon we relaxed then got ready to head up to church. It was a nice evening at church. Very low key. Lindsay and Eli were the only preschoolers. We hung out with the big kids on the their playground. I think both of them enjoyed the change of pace! Eli and Lindsay and Colby played together as well as Ella some but she was mostly monkeying around on the monkey bars ;) They stayed out like the entire time so they were sweaty and tired children by the time we got home! 
Thursday Lindsay had school again! Today was her Easter Party and last day before Spring Break. I signed up to help with her party but that wasn't until 11 so Colby and I had a little free time until party time. I took him to Chickfila although he didn't eat much and he didn't even want to play on the playground I guess without his sister. Then we went over to Barnes and Noble I had told him he could get a book but he never could decide and he was really wanting a toy so we left without anything which made him a little sad. But I didn't feel too bad b/c Easter is coming! We left there and went on to Lindsay's party. We got to her class while they were cleaning up. They soon were ready for the party. They ate cookies and petite fours! Talk about every kids dream party right?!? Colby enjoyed sitting at the table too and enjoying the goodies! Afterwards it was time for their Egg hunt. I think they both really enjoyed this time. Although Colby was a little disappointed that he couldn't hunt for eggs. Lindsay had no problem finding a bunch! After they found their eggs they were just allowed to play on the playground. They had tons of fun! Colby's old friend June even came! I just enjoyed soaking it all in and watching them play. Its sad to think we only have one more year of these sweet preschool parties! 
The rest of the day was pretty low key. We came home to rest. Austin had to go up to the church that evening so the kids and I stayed home and tried to rest up for the busy Easter weekend ahead! 
So look for my easter weekend post to get the fill in on that! 
So Monday was our last official day of Spring Break. Its a little sad that really we only had a few days with both kids home. Although the one on one time with both has been special too! So Monday would normally be my grocery shopping day but I didn't want to do that with both kids plus I thought that would be a horrible way for Colby to spend his last day off! Since I am still kinda down with this allergy cough I really didn't want to do anything big or outdoors. We chose to do library storytime. This is something we never get to do due to their school schedules. It was fun but I am not sure the kids were very impressed. The normal lady wasn't there so the fill ins weren't nearly as good. We did get to check out some books though so that's always fun. After library time we went to Chickfila. I figured I would treat them to a fun lunch plus we were out of groceries anyway. I think they enjoyed it! The rest of the day we spent relaxing, watching tv, and playing outside. It was a fun way to wind down. 
Lindsay will still be off this entire week but with Colby back in school it will feel more like a regular week to us. Looking forward to some time with my girl though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment