Thursday, April 23, 2015

The unexpected

So here we are in the midst of another week. The spring business continues. Although I do feel a little less stressed. I guess the couple weeks of spring break and then last week being sick and resting helped me to catch up a little on some much needed downtime. I looked at the calendar and we only have 4 mondays left of this school year! I cannot believe it! So its like the light is there and we can push on through these next 4 weeks and finish strong! 
Monday was a little unexpected in our house. Well the kids went to school like normal and I went grocery shopping. it was shaping up to be just one of those routine days for me. I went to pick up Lindsay but while waiting in carpool I got a call from the school secretary saying Colby was in the office crying in pain! I was worried not knowing what was wrong with him. I ran to the playground to scoop up Lindsay and headed off to get him. Turns out by the time I got there he seemed to be doing much better. He was hurting on his lower side between his leg and groin. We still aren't sure what happened. Perhaps he sat on his leg funny and it pulled a muscle or it could have been a sharp growing pain of sorts? Good news was he was back to normal by the time we got home. Honestly I like having him home early like that. Honestly I wish we could have atleast one half day a week. I think it would help teacher/student productivity and it would help me. I know it would inconvenience working parents? Maybe an optional half day? I dunno but I did like having him home. We did have to leave the house at 3:30 though to go up to the church for him to meet with Laekan. He is getting baptized soon so she wanted to talk with him. He decided against the outdoor baptism this Sunday and opted for the next week with an indoor baptism. Anyway he was very shy in the meeting. He finally warmed up slightly though. That evening we were able to play outside a little which was nice.
Tuesday was a free day for Lindsay and I. I enjoy these days now that Bible study is over. We went over to our local Farmer's Market. It had been awhile since we had been and I was excited to get some fresh produce. It was just a fun girl morning for us. When we got home we played outside and did some housework. That evening was hectic. I really don't like the mad rush from getting Colby from school to doing homework to cooking dinner to getting ready for Lifegroup. I let my stress get to me and I took it out on my kids and I felt awful. Although they were being a pain at the time. Anyway I was in a bad mood but I was so glad I went to Lifegroup. I realized with me missing so much lately that maybe that was what was missing out in my life. I needed some me time! I needed some time with adults. I felt refreshed and encouraged after the meeting. It does mean a late night for us but I think its worth it. 
Wednesday both kids were in school. I had just had a couple of short errands to run then was able to come home and enjoy a little time to myself and get some stuff done. That evening we had church. Again its hard getting motivated to get out at night but we are always glad we did afterwards. The night was good. I think both kids had fun. We had 5 in preschool. I always enjoy seeing Lindsay with her friends.
Thursday....another unexpected day! So it was a free day. Austin was off but he was wanting to do yard work and so Lindsay and I set up a playdate with her friend Claire. First we got there really early. We planned to meet at 9. We drop Colby off at 8:15 though. We got there about 8:30 but I was able to get Lindsay to stay in the car until about 8:50. She said she needed to potty so we went in. We waited for another 5 or so minutes then went ahead to order. We had almost finished eating by the time they got there. We were able to visit some while the girls ate. They went to play and really we had just started talking and them playing when Lindsay came out and I knew something was wrong. She had pooped on herself! Oh my! In chickfila and I had nothing with me! Yea that was a fun experience in a public restroom. I had to just throw away her panties! Anyway after that I knew we had to leave. I felt so bad to ditch our friends! Lesson learned: on playdates we pack extra clothes! I guess it was for the best though its given me time at home and Austin and her are having some time together! Tonight Colby has Cubscouts. I haven't decided yet if we will all go or if we will just send Austin and him. I want to go in a way b/c I haven't been in awhile plus they only have 2 more meetings. But I've been out the house the last 2 nights and could really use a night in? So we will see! 
Looking forward to the weekend! We don't have much planned except Family Day at church on Sunday which should be nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment