Monday, April 20, 2015

RAIN, Sickness, and Cancellations

Well this week has been all about the unexpected. Its one of those weeks where our plans don't always turn out but we know God is in control and has a plan/purpose for us. So I'll give a run down of our week. 
Monday was a typical day mostly. The kids were at school. Austin was home and I went grocery shopping. The weather did get really bad at one point that morning but luckily we were all safe and sound. That afternoon after getting Colby from school we took a trip to Academy to get camping supplies. Colby had a Cubscout camping trip scheduled this Friday and we needed supplies! We don't usually go out much on school nights but since this week is testing week they haven't had any homework which has been nice. We did our shopping then went to TX Roadhouse for dinner. Again we NEVER go out to eat in the middle of the week. It was nice though to have that family time. I think the kids enjoyed the break from routine as well. Since we finished up dinner with plenty of daylight to spare we rode out to the park where our camping trip would be to scout it out. We were very impressed and all 4 of us got very excited about the upcoming trip! 
Tuesday Colby had school and Lindsay and I had plans to meet friends for lunch at Chickfila. We got home from dropping Colby off and the weather turned really nasty! It rained and stormed all day so our lunch plans got cancelled. It was nice staying in with Lindsay. We played princess and watched a lot of cartoons! I feel like sometimes God gives us days like that to catch up on rest. Well during naptime we got a call from the school saying it was closing by 2 so I had to rush around and wake Lindsay up and get ourselves together in less then 30 minutes to go pick him up. We came home and it was a LONG afternoon with lots of fighting and fussing. Austin went to Lifegroup but I just stayed in with the kids. I had already planned to skip with the camping trip coming up but we also found out that day that camping was cancelled. But with the weather and Colby having testing all week I felt it was best to stay home with them.
Wednesday the kids again had school. I had also signed up to be a hall monitor for their testing week. It was a boring 2 hours! I didn't even think to bring stuff to do! So I just sat there for 2 hours. It wasn't horrible though and I did enjoy being back in the school atmosphere. I do hope when Lindsay is there I can sub some. I am not sure I ever want to work full time but being back on occasion will be nice. So while I was there though I drank some coffee with some creamer in it and I noticed it tasted funny but really didn't think much of it but it turned out to be a horrible mistake! So after the testing I picked up Lindsay from school and we came home to eat lunch and rest. I was starving by that point. Such a bad idea to not eat breakfast when you have a long morning like that! Anyway that afternoon I felt a little queasy but I thought I was just hungry since I had a light lunch and no breakfast. We headed out to church and the weather looked horrible. It was dark everywhere and reports of hail were going around! I was worried what we would be in for! Colby even started praying as we got to church. And I firmly believe the weather lightened after that was the answer of his sweet little prayer. Church ended up going well. I still felt sick and it didn't help that they had crawfish etoufee for dinner. I would normally eat this even though its not my favorite but on a queasy stomach I just couldn't even stomach it. Again I was starving! So I felt a little bad while trying to teach but luckily I only had 3 kids and they were all really well behaved. They actually really enjoyed the lesson too! Well that night when we got home Austin made me some eggs I ate some of them but couldn't finish it and I still felt awful and went to bed early. By the early hours of the morning I was up puking! NOT FUN! I felt terrible...I knew that I would need Austin's help taking care of the kids and getting Colby to school would be impossible by myself. So he got up early and got them all ready by himself I was so thankful. I stayed in bed and made trips to and from the potty. He took Colby to school then brought Lindsay with him on some errands. I got up around 8 and took a bath and that did make me feel better to get cleaned up. Also after that no more puking thank goodness! I put on clean clothes and climbed back into bed until after 10! I think my body really needed that rest! I feel like I have been sick most of spring. In early March I had a really bad stuffy nose that lasted for like 2 weeks then I had about a week well then got a bad cough that lasted 2 weeks and now this?!? Seriously am I falling apart? I thik we have just been so busy! I guess my body finally let me know I needed a sick day! I got up and tried to move around some. Austin and Lindsay soon got home. By then I was able to hold down a banana and some sprite and then a grilled cheese and grapes for lunch. I still didn't feel good most of the day. I took another long nap and lazed around most of the day. Thankfully Colby didn't have homework and Austin did a good job of keeping them entertained and cooking dinner. Again I mostly laid on the couch. That evening I went to bed early again.
I prayed that I would feel much better for the weekend ahead and I did and we had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment