Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Family Day and a Time to rest!

So I've said it often...I love weekends that we get to have downtime and relax! Especially after a busy week! We are still in the midst of spring business and this week was no exception with 3 back to back nights of being out the house. By Friday I am pooped and just want to stay in. 
I always look forward to having my littles home on Friday night! I know some people think it would be a great date night and would like to send them to grandparents but after a week of us being so busy I really just want my little ducklings at home. Colby was even invited to a friends house. Normally if it had been planned out I would have let him b/c I know he's getting older and these things are important but it came up last minute and he kinda invited himself anyway ;) I turned it down though b/c of the being out 3 nights I knew he needed some down time and rest. Plus the weather was going to get bad and plus dog gone it I just miss him! 
So we did our usual Friday night at home. We played outside, we had dinner then we settled in for movie night. We watched CARS 2. 
Saturday another day of no specific plans. I had thought about taking them to City Park or the Children's Museum and I really would have loved to but we have Family Day tomorrow at church and I needed to run an errand for that. I knew a big outting and an errand would be too much so we stuck to visiting a local park instead. The kids had a blast though and we ended up staying about an hour. Its nice that they can entertain each other now. There was a little boy and girl for some of the time but for the most part it was just my 2 out there. We left after an hour and headed to Walmart. I was nervous how that would go since we NEVER go there. But it went really smoothly. We got what all we needed and the kids were super good and helpful! The rest of the day we spent chilling out. We rested and watched movies. It ended up raining so we didn't get to play outside anymore.
Sunday was Family Day. We knew this would be a very busy day! Austin got up early and went up to the church to help set up while the kids and I stayed behind to get ready. This is the 2nd year of them doing this. I have to say this year was much easier. The kids were easier and Lindsay was MUCH easier. Although by the end of the service both were getting a little antsy. It was hot though! So we ate lunch after. I think Colby enjoyed visiting with Nijel over lunch and snoballs. Lindsay enjoyed cake! We let them play a litlte bit on the bouncy things and throw balls at the Dunking Booth. By that point Lindsay was DONE and we were all hot and tired. We left and the boys went on to see the ships for NAVY week downtown. I hated we couldn't go as a family but I figured Lindsay might be miserable and she wouldn't really get that much out of it. Plus I was pretty hot and tired as well. So she and I came home to cool off and rest. I think the boys had a really great time though and I was glad they went. The rest of the afternoon we spent just hanging out and relaxing. It was a great weekend and I truly felt like we rested. Which was a good thing b/c the upcoming week is SUPER busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment