Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Spring FEVER!

We are back to the busy life. This week has been no exception. Austin was off Monday which was nice. It always helps us ease into the week. So Monday was an exciting day. I brought the kids to school. I went grocery shopping like always. We knew the weather might get a little bad. Well by the time I entered the store it was looking bad and starting to sprinkle. I called Austin to come meet me. It was a good thing he did b/c by the time we got out the bottom had fallen out. We got home and Austin decided with so much bad weather coming he would just go pick Lindsay up early. There were tornado warnings and our phones were going off like crazy! I am so glad he got there to be with her. He ended up getting stuck there for like an hour! They had the kids hunkered down in the bathroom and hallway! It got really bad here. I think over 100 mph winds! I was hunkered down in the bathroom as well. I was just praying for everyone to stay safe! I talked with Colby's principal and they were prepared and had a plan. They also ended up in the hallway for an hour! It was quite a morning. That afternoon was much less exciting. Just homework and staying in! 
Tuesday I had a VBS meeting. I am now in full swing of VBS stuff. Lindsay stayed with my parents during that. That evening we had Lifegroup. It was quite a small gathering this week. Our group has had just so much going on! It was nice though to visit with Zach and Stephanie. 
Wednesday both kids had school. I ran an errand then came home to enjoy a slower paced morning. That afternoon was busy! I picked up Nijel and Colby from school. Nijel came home with us so that he could go with Colby to church that night. Even though it was tiring and hard I loved the joy on both their faces. They played here for about 45 min before we left to go eat at church. They had a great time at church! It was so neat to see that! That evening I had 3 girls in our class. It was quiet but also nice! I love the little friendships Lindsay now has with her church friends! 
Thursday Lindsay and I went over to my parents house to bake Austin's cake. I love this time with my mom. I know I could buy or just make the cake here. I mean yes part of it is b/c I know if my mom helps it will be awesome but part of it is just that legacy of having my mom, me and Lindsay all in the kitchen together. Each year I never know how many more times we will get to do this so I am thankful for each moment! That night Colby had his cubscouts Pinewood Derby Race. It was a hard week with being out 3 nights in a row but OH so worth it to see Colby and his best buddies having so much fun! None of them won any races but they had such a great time! I am so thankful we made the decision to put him in Cubscouts. It is over for the summer and we will miss it! Although we will still be working on our electives and hanging out with our friends. 
So that was our week! It was a busy one and I think we are all so ready for some downtime but the end is in sight and I know we can do it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment