Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day weekend

This was mother's day weekend. All in all I have had a very nice Mother's Day. Sadly Austin had to work all weekend but I was able to soak up and enjoy time with my babies! 
Friday was a pretty low key day. Honestly I think that was my Mother's Day gift to myself was coming home while the kids were at school and having the house to myself! Honestly that rarely happens. I am usually out running while Lindsay is in school and rarely just come home to a quiet house so I must admit that was lovely! That night we did our usual play outside, eat dinner, then have Movie night! We watched Beauty and the Beast. I was as excited as the kids. Its been awhile since I've watched it start to finish! 
Saturday since it was just the kids and I we decided to make it another pool day. That's really our fall back during the summer months. But first I took them to the donut shop to get donuts. We rarely get donuts but even more rare do we actually get out and eat there. Well it was crazy but we did manage to find a bench outside to enjoy our donuts. It was a sweet time. I look forward to maybe doing a breakfast out like that once a week this summer. We will probably rotate between there, McDonalds, and Chickfila. Afterwards we made our way to my parents house to swim. They had a blast and swam for 2 hours. I love the exercise they get and just the time to be outside. We came home and relaxed the rest of the day! That night we were able to even take a family walk. We are trying to make that part of our routine now with longer days. 
Sunday (Mother's Day) we went to church. They did Family pictures today so that was neat. I hated Austin wasn't there but we did get a picture with my parents. I was able to get someone to take my place that morning to teach. I have been teaching full time since February so I felt like I needed the break plus I always end up working on Mother's Day and this year darnit I wanted off! I also don't really get to sit in church with my parents anymore so it was nice to be with them that morning. Church was very emotional. A friend who recently lost her baby at birth was there and she was having a hard time. It really struck a chord with me. The preacher also really preached a wonderful sermon for all women. After church we went to my parent's house. Elizabeth and her sister were doing lunch for everyone. As always family gatherings are fun but also exhausting. I think the kids had a great time. We were all tired by the time we got home though. We came home mid-afternoon and didn't do much. That afternoon we just soaked up the sun outside. 
It wasn't a fancy or exciting weekend but it was special. Oh and I forgot Austin was so sweet and got me roses that morning! I thought that was so sweet of him! I loved it! 
My kiddos are just growing up so fast!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment