Saturday, May 9, 2015

FARM TRIP & PARK

I always love my special time with Lindsay. Y'all I love preschool years! Especially preschool field trips! This is Lindsay's second field trip this year. They went to Sugar Roots Farm on Monday. Its literally a brand new upcoming farm in Lower Coast Algiers. I was so excited to find out about it too! This lady started a farm b/c she felt like children here in the city don't know much about farm life or where their food comes from. 
So she has many different farm animals. We started with the chickens, baby chicks, goats, lamb, llama, pigs, cow. The last animal were the horses and donkey! We did get to go back and see the pigs and chickens again! I think Lindsay had a lot of fun. She was timid about touching the animals. The only animal she even tried to touch was the donkey. I think she just enjoyed running around with her little friends though! I was so impressed with this farm and cannot wait to bring Colby back! 

Thursday is always a fun day for she and I. I love that! We met her friend at the park on Thursday. Actually first Lindsay and I had coffee and muffins at PJ's. Another thing I love! We had a good time at the park. We are enjoying getting to know her little friend Claire and her mom Tayna. It was fun visiting and just letting the girls play! I so fondly remember these days with Colby. I feel like she and I don't get quite as many park trips as he and I did but we try to soak them up when we do!! 

Other then that this week has been pretty routine with school. All of our other Spring activities have ended which has been nice to get a "Breather". We had our last lifegroup meeting Tuesday night. I will miss going this summer but the break will also be nice. We are also enjoying having more nights at home as a family. We have been able to play outside more and take walks which has been wonderful! So excited about the sweet summertime!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment