Saturday, May 9, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week

So this past week was Teacher Appreciation Week. Colby's principal sends ideas home of how to "appreciate" the teachers each day. Its always fun just doing little things for them each day! 
Monday was Coffee/Tea day. That was pretty easy! We got Colby's teacher a PJ's gift card and we actually got a cup of coffee for Lindsay's teacher =)
Tuesday was a day to spoil the teachers. We chose a movie theater gift card. I figured this summer she could go alone or with her kids or on a date night! 
Wednesday was chocolate day! I got the idea to fill mason jars with M&Ms and we wrote "Thanks for making my year sweet and colorful" I thought they turned out super cute! 
Thursday was Teacher Supply day. We got his teacher some markers, pens, and notecards. I figured teachers or moms can always use that type stuff! 
Friday was Flower Day! Austin took the kids out to the backyard that morning to handpick some flowers. We put them in little vases for both the teachers. I think the kids had fun doing it and I am sure the teachers really love the hand picked flowers! 

We are so thankful for both of our kids teachers. We have so far been so blessed with teachers! This year Colby had a unique year. He started with one teacher and mid-year they switched to another. I have liked them both. There has been a learning curve b/c neither have actually been first grade teachers before but he's learned a lot and has stayed on target. He loves school and loved both of them and that's really my hope! 
Lindsay loves loves her teacher Mrs. Abby. I am so happy she loves school after last year of her crying every single day! I don't think it was a teacher issue last year that was just her personality. We are so thankful we could just show them a tiny bit of appreciation! I know how hard teachers work and I hope this week blessed them even a little! 

No comments:

Post a Comment