Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tennis, Swim, and Relaxation!

Well here we just finished another weekend. It was a typical low key weekend for us. When Austin works the kids and I try to rest and relax as much as possible. He was really late Friday night so he missed our movie night experience. We watched Brave. Its always nice just having the low key time with them. They also think the staying up "late" is fun even though they are usually in bed by 8 or so ;)
Saturday Colby started tennis lessons. This is our summer thing. Since he has no interest in baseball at the moment its a way for him to learn a sport and get some physical activity. I was so impressed at how well he did. He's come a long way from that 4 year old little boy! The coach wanted to get Lindsay to play too but she refused. I would love for her to learn a little this summer as well. 
After tennis we did our usual thing of going swimming. Again something we all enjoy. I love getting my kids outside and doing something active as much as possible. Colby stayed that afternoon with my parents. I felt like he needed a turn since Lindsay gets to go over there every Tuesday. It was nice having a quiet afternoon with her. I let her skip nap and just watch shows during naptime. 
Once he came home we ate dinner and just had a nice family night.
Sunday was church. I was back to teaching and honestly I was happy. I had sure missed my class and my kids! We had a small class with only about 8. I think Lindsay enjoyed it though. Her friend Genevieve was there so I was glad they got to play together. That afternoon once again was pretty lazy. The kids watched movies and played inside. We did play outside a little before dinner! 
I just love quiet weekends! This upcoming week will be busy with it being everyone's last week of school! i am so excited about summer but cannot believe how quickly this year is going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment