Friday, May 8, 2015

Birthday and Baptism!!


This past weekend was wonderful! Friday was Austin's birthday! He and I were able to go out for breakfast while the kids were at school to celebrate! We rarely get to go out alone so this was quite a treat! Then I had to sub at Lindsay's school. I felt bad I couldn't spend more time with the birthday boy but I had promised them this a month before I even knew he would be off work. He had to do yardwork anyway! I had a good time hanging out with Lindsay at her school. As always its fun to see them in their school element. She was a little clingy at recess but she finally got up with her friends and played while I visited with the other moms who were helping! 
That afternoon we just took it easy. We did supper in that night and played outside and watched a movie. We ended up watching Charlotte's Web. I think we were all thankful just for a night in! 
Saturday was a beautiful day! Austin's parents were coming in town to see Colby get baptized but also to see Austin for his birthday. They arrived later in the morning though so we went to my parents house to go swim. It was our first official swim of the season. And yes the pool was still quite chilly! It was 76 degrees! We had a good time though and Colby especially had a blast! I love to see them do something active like that! Austin's parents got there while we were in the pool. We ate lunch together and visited for a bit. Lindsay and I went home after lunch so she could nap and I wanted to rest and work on some things at home. The boys went with Austin's parents to the Farmer's Market and to check out the campground for Colby's birthday. 
That evening we went out to eat for Austin's birthday. We went to our favorite Des Familes. We love it! Its great food, a nice but casual atmosphere and the kids love seeing alligators and humming birds and other wildlife. They were so well behaved at dinner and ate a ton too! Afterwards we ended the evening with cake outside! I think all in all austin had a pretty good birthday! 
Sunday was another busy day! It was Colby's baptism day! We all went to church and since he was getting baptized I didn't teach. Lindsay went to her class but we made sure she was in service to see the baptism. I think we were all feeling a little nervous. I really wasn't sure how he would re-act. But we were also so excited for him and i think he really was too! He asked for Pastor Michael to baptize him but he wanted Austin and Mr. Ryan in there as well. It was such a sweet moment! Really a beautiful moment as a parent. After the first service we took him to eat Mexican. It was only the 4 of us but honestly I kinda enjoyed it just being our little family and being able to share in that moment with him. That afternoon I had to head off for my VBS meeting. I felt like the meeting went really well I just wish we had had a larger turn out. I am still excited about how God is going to work this summer! 
It was a super busy weekend...one where I don't feel like I really re-cooped before a busy week but it was one filled with many blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment