Friday, May 15, 2015

Cool ZOO

So we've been debating for awhile to let Colby have a fun day before school got out. He hasn't missed much school this year. Maybe only 2 days total and he's left early 2-3 times. So I figured he deserved it. Austin wanted to take them to the Cool Zoo. We always try to go atleast once a year and the kids have a blast! Austin was off Thursday so we figured it would be a great day to go! Its so much different when you go when school is still in! This year we also figured we would do it right. We would pack a picnic and stay longer then we usually do. This was also the first year both kids were fairly independent as well. 
Colby was super excited. I mean this is like his 7th time to go. I wasn't sure Lindsay remembered a whole lot from last year. She was very hesitant at first but then decided after Austin took her down the slide that she loved it. Soon after that she was running around and doing it all by herself. Colby made friends with some boys his age and was having a blast. Also Lindsay's friend Claire was there with her mom. So that gave me someone to talk to. I always love going and just relaxing. I love that Austin will get in with them and give me that time. Plus someone has to watch the stuff right?! ;)
The kids had a blast though! It was so fun watching them! They played for about 2 hours then we ate our picnic lunch. Afterwards we got everyone dressed and headed to Jaguar Jungle. We read about Rain Forests a month or so ago so Colby was anxious to see some of the animals we read about. He loved seeing the jaguars. We came home and the kids watched a movie then relaxed. We did some homework ate dinner and played outside! It was a lovely day! 
Again I am so thankful we chose to do this with colby. My goal as a parent will never be perfect attendance. I want my children to be good students and have good attendance and be on time but I think there is always room for fun days. We will make this a practice always =) Life is just too short to be in a classroom everyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment