Thursday, December 10, 2015

4th Birthday Celebrations

I cannot believe my baby girl is 4! Its been a whirlwind weekend of celebrating so I will start at the beginning! Friday ofcourse both kids had school. She was also excited about spending the day with her friends and celebrating. 
I dropped her off with her cupcakes and supplies and came home to rest and clean up the house some. That afternoon I tried to take it easy b/c I have had a cold come on. My parents got Colby from school. Lindsay and I had to go pick up her birthday cake. I thought everything looked good when they showed me the cake but I was looking at it upside down and trying to hold Lindsay in my arms so she could see it. We got home and I decided to sneak one more peek before we put it away. I opened and my heart sunk when I saw her name was spelled LINZSAY. I couldn't believe I didn't catch that while we were there. I called the bakery and they told me to come back that they would fix it. I waited on Colby to get home then we packed up and left. I wasn't very excited about getting out again but I knew it had to be done. Luckily we got it fixed with no issues. I tried to show my kids calmness and grace. Yea I was aggravated but I know the people didn't do it on purpose and we all make mistakes. We did get home with enough time to relax before going out that night. I was glad I was able to get myself re-focused. 
That evening we went downtown to meet Austin's family. They were in for Lindsay's birthday and were staying at his hotel. We got there around 6. They met us in the lobby and we all went to eat at Oceania Grill. I really enjoyed the walk. it was cool and crisp and this time of year the scenery was just so pretty. We had to wait awhile for a table but once we got settled the evening was nice. I mostly visited with Austin's mom and Austin. Colby sat by Maggie and Lindsay sat by Wendi and Austin's dad. Its so funny how they are so big now and don't even need us at restaurants. So we all enjoyed a yummy supper and walked back to his hotel. We had the idea to walk over to the Ritz and check out their Christmas decorations. I remembered they had a life size gingerbread house. The kids all loved looking at it but especially Lindsay. She sat there and gazed at it for a good 10 min. This was truly a perfect start to her b-day weekend. We went out to the Courtyard for a bit to let the kids run around. It was such a beautiful night! 
Saturday morning we were up early. We got ready for the party and headed out about 9. We got to the park and got things set up. It was a GORGEOUS Day. The kids enjoyed running around and playing. We had about 15 kids there. A few of Lindsay's school friends then several friends from church came. I thought Storyland was just the perfect birthday setting. I am so happy we settled on that! The kids could be free to play and the adults had a nice place to visit. Everyone seemed so happy and truly seemed to be enjoying the day! I enjoyed visiting with everyone and it was nice not having to worry about our house this b-day season. The day took a turn after but I will post about that later! I think our girl had a terrific birthday though. She enjoyed opening all her gifts at home. 
The next day we played with more gifts and went to church. Colby sang in church so that also made for a sweet day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment