Monday, December 21, 2015

The Last Week of School Before Christmas Break = CRAZY MOM

So this week has been a whirl wind of events and activities! Monday Austin was off which was nice. Its always nice to begin the week with him at home. It helps that he can pick the kids up from school and I get a little quiet time at home. That afternoon we brought Makyrin home. He wasn't here long so the boys really only had time to eat a snack and begin their math homework. We finished up homework then left. We had promised the kids a City Park outting. We try to go early and on a school night. Last year we made the mistake of going on a Saturday night and it was AWFUL! We will never do that again! It was nice to be together as a family of 4. This December has started off quite crazy so I really felt like we needed. It helped my mood so much! The kids really enjoyed the outting. Its so crazy how big they are getting! Lindsay didn't even need a stroller this year! We were able to ride the train and carousel. It was fun to be a kid that night! We spent a little time in Storyland then walked around the Botanical Gardens which usually is something we skip. The kids had a blast and so did we! It was a great way to start the week! 
Tuesday Austin worked so it was me with mom duty. I kept Lindsay home from school. As I've mentioned I like to keep her out 1 day a week just so we can hang out. I wanted to go to Lakeside and do some Christmas shopping. we started this tradition last year and it was just a sweet time. We got there and started our morning with beignets and coffee. She got a Build A Bear gift card for her birthday so we went in there and Built A Bear. It was her first official one she made. She loved it too! She's still hanging out with that bear so it was a good choice! Afterwards we went to a couple more stores before coming home. We had to bake cookies so we spent the rest of the morning doing that! Again another sweet memory of her helping me! That afternoon was just our normal school afternoon and evening. We did bring Makyrin home again. Once again though the boys really only had time to do homework. 
Wednesday everyone had school and Austin left to go out of town. It was a busy day for me! I left the house at 8 and didn't return until 12:30. I brought both kids to school then had a couple errands to run before meeting with Laekan about Friday night. I then had to go back up to Lindsay's school at 11 for the Parent Christmas Party. I think its neat they started doing this. It gives all the parents a time to just catch up and visit. Its also a cookie exchange. I loved visiting with friends and with some newer moms I don't know as well. Once I picked Lindsay up we came home to rest and eat lunch. I am always thankful my parents pick Colby up on Wednesdays. Especially this week since I was gone all morning. That afternoon we left our house at 5 and went to eat at Wendy's before Colby's drama rehearsal. Again another simple moment that is so sweet at the holidays just taking my sweet kids to eat. Rehearsal went really well. I am so excited and proud of the kids participating! 
Thursday Lindsay had her Christmas party. We were all excited to have the end of the week in sight! I had a busy morning with a last minute trip to Target then picking up the kids. That night Colby had a Christmas party at Cubscouts. It was fun. The kids had a blast! I love this little group of friends we all have. I love that each boy has a younger sister too! They played games and decorated cookies! 
Friday Hallelujah we made it!! It was the last day standing between us and Christmas break!! Colby had a party that day at school. Austin was off and all felt right with the world again. The weather was beautiful and it was just such a special day for our family. We got Colby settled at school and took Lindsay to pjs for coffee and a muffin. I am sure going to miss this tradition with her next year. I will still have to make time for it even after she is in big girl school. We then went to hear her sing at the nursing home. She did such a great job! I was proud of what a big girl she was! I think she enjoyed seeing her little group of friends one last time before the holidays. It was such a sweet time. This was our 3rd time to do that and oh how I will miss these sweet preschool days. It was nice visiting with other parents and their teachers. We finished there about 10:30 and headed to Colby's school to enjoy the last hour of his party. When we got there the kids were eating and watching a movie. It was nice to just visit with the teacher and his friends. Lindsay I think enjoyed it too! We have never all been able to be together as a family on the day of Christmas parties so this will forever be a sweet memory for me!! 
We made it through the final week of crazy! It was nuts but I wouldn't trade this season of life! Our kids should have some awesome memories and I know we do as well! Now to enjoy the 2 weeks off and making more memories as a family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment