Saturday, December 5, 2015

Girl Time and Rehearsals

So this week has been a week full of busy! Christmas preparations and birthday celebrations are well under way. Monday we decorated and grocery shopped. Tuesday I went to Target and got some of my Christmas shopping done. Wednesday my mom and I had a lovely outting out to Lakeside together. It was fun to just go somewhere alone with my mom. Its rare we get that! We finished up the kids Christmas and Lindsay's birthday. That night Colby had rehearsal. The kids are singing on Sunday and then doing a skit later in the month. I am so thankful he gets to be involved in this type stuff. I loved children's choir when I was little! Lindsay and I hung out and watched. It was nice to watch and visit with other moms. I am kind of thankful my teaching is over for the semester. I love doing it but it also takes a lot out of me. And this winter I am trying to focus on resting a little more and less stress. 
Thursday I kept Lindsay home from school. I keep her out 1 day a week mostly for my sanity. Doing the carpool thing 4 times a day is wearing on me. I love her little preschool so much and I would love to leave her there one more year but I just can't. I need to give myself more time. Anyway so I keep her home so we can hang out. Plus since she started the year at 3 I figure she doesn't necessarily need all 5 days! It was a sweet time baking cupcakes with her and just playing. 
That evening Colby had Cubscouts. It was a Pack Meeting so we all went. It was neat to see his Den perform and share so many things for the group. I love that he's gotten so much more confident in just 1 year! They also discussed the evening on the ship. It was a great night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment