Sunday, December 13, 2015

Mr. Jim

So Austin's parents were here for Lindsay's party and birthday weekend. Friday night we got together with them and had dinner. I noticed Mr. Jim seemed quiet and not quite himself. He's had stomach issues lately and I just kinda thought it might be that or just tired from the day of traveling and getting in late. They were ofcourse at Lindsay's party. Again I noticed he seemed a little quiet but I didn't interact with him much during the party since I was running around mostly. After the party when we were packing up and getting things ready to go Austin had mentioned Wendi and the girls wanting to see Lindsay open up her gift from them. We were headed out and I was lagging behind with the kids still talking to one of the mommas. I caught Austin running off and his sister out of the corner of my eye. I worried a bit if someone had gotten sick or gotten hurt. I thought maybe it was one of the girls or our parents had taken a tumble. I quickly moved the kids along so we could get out there and see what was the trouble. When I got there I noticed Austin's dad leaning out the car and he looked like he was going to throw up. I imagined that maybe he was getting sick to his stomach. I ushered the kids to the van. I didn't want them 1) to be in the way 2) to see their pawpaw in distress and 3) to get sick themselves. 
Anyway I got them loaded in and really had no idea what was going on. Austin came to the car with tears and said his dad was really sick. I thought he was going to have to drive them to the hospital. Well after several minutes at their car he said they were going to go ahead and try to make it home. We even called as we were halfway home and they said he was feeling slightly better. We then hadn't been home 10 minutes when they said he was worse and they were going to the ER. Within minutes we learned he was having a heart attack and they had to shock him. Austin was hysterical. He knew right away he wanted to go be with them. I hated to see him drive over by himself especially if things were really bad with his dad. I couldn't bear for him to be on the road if he got really bad news. So I decided to go with him. We had to quickly get everyone dressed again and brought the kids to my parents house. Austin and I drove over. We got to the hospital early afternoon and his dad was in the cath lab waiting to get a stent put in. We waited for about 2 hours total. Once his dad got out and put in ICU and they were all able to see him Austin and I headed back home. I was very tired and not feeling well plus I wanted to get home to the kids and spend the last couple hours of Lindsay's b-day with her. The kids and I enjoyed a quiet night together. Austin drove back to Slidell to be with his mom. They were able to get a hotel room which I was glad though. 
The next morning the kids and I went on to church. Colby was supposed to sing in church. We had thought he was going to miss most of it due to the cubscout outting but this way he got to go and sing both times. The kids did a beautiful job. Austin got home around the same time we did and we had lunch and rested. That afternoon we spent outside and playing with the kids. It was a much needed time after a very crazy start to the weekend! That next morning Austin went back up and his dad ended up getting released from the hospital. Thankfully Austin was able to come home that afternoon. We are so thankful his dad is going to be ok. He has to changed some lifestyle habits and things but with everyone's help he should make a full recovery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment