Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Weekend in Decemeber

Well this weekend was very low key compared to last. I was thankful b/c I think we all desperately needed the rest. 
Friday the kids both went to school and I went to Target. It was a busy day with carpool trips but I was thankful to not have to go anywhere that night. We hung out at home and watched the Polar Express for our Friday night movie. Friday was also our anniversary. We will celebrate later in the month. We were both just so tired and felt we needed to spend the weekend at home with the kids. He picked up TX Roadhouse so we wouldn't have to cook that night.
Saturday morning we really didn't get to sleep in much. We had to get going b/c we had tickets for a Santa Breakfast at Lindsay's school. Its been tradition for us to go. We took Colby when he was 2, then Austin took Colby when he was 3 since Lindsay was less then a week old, the next year we missed b/c it fell on Lindsay's b-day, we all went the following year when they were 5 and 2. Last year at 6 and 3 my parents took them b/c we were out of town on our anniversary trip. Anyway its a sweet tradition and I looked forward to bringing them again. We enjoyed our breakfast and got to visit with a lot of people. Its almost like the entire city of Algiers comes to this event. The kids got to take a pic with Santa and make an ornament. I felt like we stayed longer this time. Afterwards the kids and I had one errand to go to Barnes and Noble. I was disappointed I really didn't find what I was looking for. The kids still had fun looking around. We would have done more shopping but I was so tired and ready to go home at that point. After such a busy week I felt we needed time at home. We enjoyed an afternoon of playing and relaxing! 
Sunday Austin was off and we were all able to go to church together which was lovely. I taught...we had about 8 or 9 preschoolers. It was a good morning. Afterwards we had a birthday party to go to. It was for Callie a little girl who goes to school with Lindsay. We have known the family now for many years. I have known Katie since before Callie and Lindsay were born. It was at Chuck E. Cheese. The kids really had a good time. This was only Lindsay's 2nd time there. We played about an hour before coming home. It was nice to relax that afternoon and we even took a walk. That night Austin had a Christmas party so I tried to get the kids to bed early. This coming week is going to be super busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment