Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Back to the Busy Life

Well it seems now that we are in full time fall crazy mode! We are enjoying it but I think found ourselves tired this week. Even though vacation last week was great---sometimes I believe its even harder and more tiring to go away.
Once we got home though it was full swing into all the fun things fall has to offer! 
Monday the kids returned to school. I was thankful to only have grocery shopping that morning on my agenda. I was able to stay home and get stuff done and also relax. I have learned that rest/relaxation is ok. I try to schedule days in where this is possible and then try not to feel guilty about when they roll around. That evening was good..Austin got home and we had dinner together. 
Tuesday was when the busyness really began. I had Bible study that morning. It was as always great to be back with my awesome group of ladies. After Bible study I stayed to help count box tops again and then to also help out with lunch time at the school. It was fun getting to see the kids again. I think they were happy to see my mid-day. I enjoyed visiting with Colby's group of friends and then enjoyed being able to help out with Lindsay's group. It was a pretty full day though. Once I got home I really just had time to eat lunch and do a couple of things before it was time to run back up and get them. I was just thankful though for a night at home. Austin had his men's group so the kids and I picked up dinner and hung out. 
Wednesday is always my sort of down day. I am always thankful to drop the kids off and come home. Its a day I try to hit the pause button. That morning I did stop at Chickfila for breakfast and then went to Hobby Lobby. I must admit I enjoyed that quiet alone time of running errands. It also helps me mentally prepare for church that night. That night we ofcourse went to church. As always we all really enjoy being there. I only had 2 kids that night so we went out on the playground with the big kids. We didn't get to do much in class other then have a snack and do some finger painting. I have been thankful for a couple "easy" weeks though.
Thursday I had my first music class day. I was honestly a little nervous about it. I got there early so I had plenty of time to "prep" before class. I taught the 3 year olds first...I felt like they were the hardest group. I was also nervous and they weren't quite sure what to think of me. They loved the bumble bee song though and the instrument time. Next I had the 4s and 5s. I actually felt TONS better during this class b/c it was just me and the kids. I think not having the other teachers in there made me feel calmer. The big kids were great and participated in everything. I really enjoyed them! The final class I had was the babies. They were pretty low key. We sang a few songs like "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Start" then they mostly just wanted to play instruments and watch the music videos which was honestly fine with me. I was super exhausted when I finished! I guess the non-stop talking for almost 2 hours! I got home and enjoyed some downtime before going to pick up the kids. We had Scouts that night. I had contemplated not going but I knew they were learning pocket knife safety so I figured the more adults the better, plus Lindsay loves going! Austin got home early enough we were all able to go together. The boys were awesome in their first knife lesson and Lindsay had a blast with Mia and Makylee. 
After a very busy week we were all super ready for the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment