Friday, September 2, 2016

Last Weekend

I am having a hard time keeping on this blog. Even with the kids in school full time I find myself so busy! 
So last weekend we had a super weekend! Its so great just having down time as a family! 
Friday I babysat for a little girl named Ebbie. She is 5 and one of Lindsay's friends from church. She was here from about 9:30-12. It kept me busy for sure! She was good though...I just had to do a lot of "entertaining" since my kids weren't here! 
That afternoon we picked up Nijel along with the kids from school. We are bringing him home most days now. The boys had a blast playing for about an hour before his mom came to get him. That night we ate dinner and went to get ice cream. We then watched the SAINTS game. We did that in place of a movie. Our kids are little SAINTS fans and were totally ok with that. We let them stay up for the first half. 
Saturday I was so thankful to wake up with nothing on our agenda. We had a pretty busy morning but it was a morning at home. Colby had some studying to do over the weekend so we hit the ground running. Between breakfast and getting ready we also studied and worked on math and language. Lindsay worked on drawing stars and counting and recognizing shapes. 
We went over to my parent's house around 10 to swim and hang out. Now with school we just don't get over there much. Not to mention it had been since July since I had been in the pool. At first when we got in it started thundering and lightening. We had to get out and wait a bit but then were able to get back in and swim about 2 hours. The kids had a great time and it was just a fun time to play and visit with my parents. After swimming we went inside to eat lunch. 
That afternoon we came back here and just relaxed. Austin got home early which was SUPER! We went out that night to Chickfila for a Mustang Car show. We ended up meeting up with Colby's 2 besties Makyrin and Nijel. Lindsay also had Mia and Makylee to play with. It was a fun night! I was glad we got to do something "fun" and friend oriented with them. I try to incorporate friend and family time into our weekend so I felt like it was a successful day as far as that goes. 
Sunday it was just the kids and I that morning for church. I had a class of 12 to myself. It was busy but I felt like for the most part it went well. After church the kids and I just picked up lunch and came home. It was honestly nice to have a long afternoon. Once again Austin got home early and we just enjoyed the family time. We had time to play outside and just enjoy each other! 

No comments:

Post a Comment