Friday, September 9, 2016

Labor Day Weekend

So we just finished up our first "holiday" of the school year. It was so nice to have that long weekend. The month of August was fun but also exhausting. This year has been one of transitions and growing up. 
Friday I had started my weekend with coffee with my friend Cindy. Its always fun to have a little girl time to start off my weekend. We enjoyed chatting about the girls and the progress they have made thus far in school. That afternoon we picked Nijel up from school so I had a busy afternoon with 3 littles. The kids played well but were just super active. He got picked up around 5:30 and we had dinner and a low key night. The kids wanted to watch Beethoven for movie night so that is what we did.
Saturday I was so excited to wake up without any plans. Colby was technically invited to a birthday party but 1) I wasn't really in the mood to go to that and 2) I really didn't know the family that well and none of his close friends were going. 
I decided to take the kids to the park instead. We had a leisure morning around the house. We worked on math and language and Lindsay worked on letters. Afterwards we got dressed and headed out to the park. OMG it was super hot though! We only lasted 30 min. I am ready for fall days when going to the park feels lovely and we can stay for 2 hours. I was just thankful though for those 30 min of outdoor time my kids got. There were even other kids out so they got exercise and time with other kiddos. Afterwards we came home and had lunch. That evening we ate lasagna and chicken and watched the USM game. 
Sunday was ofcourse church day. We only stayed for the 1st service so it was nice to have a long afternoon. I had only 4 kids. Lindsay was the only girl and I am not so sure she was super thrilled about that. She misses some of her friends that have promoted up to the kinder class. We went to eat at Panera Bread after then came home and Colby got ready for his playdate at Nijel's house. I love his friendship with Nijel and Makyrin. They have now all known each other since kindergarten. Nijel's mom invited them over to play snap circuits and video games. Needless to say Colby had a blast!! I am so glad he has friends who he can go hang out with like that on the weekends. That evening we cooked fajitas and just had a nice family night. We even took a walk after dinner since it wasn't a school night and the kids could stay up later. 
Monday (Labor Day) we had an easy going morning around the house. It was nice to not be rushing off to school or anywhere. Austin worked in the yard and so the kids and I did school and just hung out. Oh and I also cooked. I made them blueberry muffins and then made pasta salad for lunch. We went to my parent's house about 11. It was pouring down rain when we got there so swimming was out of the question. We just mostly visited and helped my parents while the kids played. Randall and Lizzie got there around noon. We ate lunch and just hung out and talked. It had been since Colby's b-day (July 17th) that we all hung out like that. It was fun to catch up. The kids and Austin and my dad were able to get into the pool a little while so they were happy about that.
We got in that evening and just had leftovers for dinner and took another walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment