Friday, September 30, 2016

Zoofari and other things...

We had a nice weekend last week and it was MUCH needed! I am already feeling a slight case of fall burn out so I truly treasure the weekends! 
Friday morning I had to run to SAM's and get a few things and then I met Ashley W for coffee. It was nice to have some girl time and helped pick up my mood a bit. 
Saturday Austin was working but the kids and I had a busy day planned. There was no sleeping in on Saturday! Colby had a ZooFari outting with Scouts. I had wished Austin could be with us. Since I had already purchased 4 tickets though we invited Ella to come along with us. We were out the house by 9 and picked Ella up by 9:15. We got the Zoo right at 10. We ran into Nijel and his family as soon as we got there. The kids were anxious to get in and start checking out the exhibits. We spent a lot of time at the Orangutans and the Elephants. It was super hot! The kids just enjoyed being together though! We had Colby (8), Ella (8), Nijel (8), Makyrin (8), Bryson (8), Mia (5), Lindsay (4) and Makylee (3)! So we had quite the group. After we made the loop with the Tigers and Bears we went on to the Reptile House. It took us awhile just to get anywhere with that large of a group. We spent a long time in the reptile house but it was nice b/c atleast it was cool and the kids were contained. by the time we got out of there everyone was getting hungry and tired. We stopped at the Scouting tents so they could work on a few science experiments. After that we all split up. Some went home and others went on to do other stuff. I took Ella, Colby, and Lindsay and we had a nice picnic lunch. It felt so good to sit down by that point. I was worn out!! After that we checked out the Sea Lions then made our way to the front and out the zoo. Ella had dance class at 1:30 so we had to have her back by that. I am not sure we would have ever been able to stay until 2 anyway. Once we got home I was just ready to RELAX. It felt good to nap and the kids needed that down time as well. That night we just stayed in and had a nice family night. 
Sunday was a hard day. I had a breakdown that morning. I guess all the stress, tiredness, and hormones just built up. It hit me hard when Colby woke up and we realized the "tooth fairy" forgot to come. That's when I melted down and realized I can't do it all. I know God is using this season of sadness and brokenness for his glory even though its hard and hurts. We went on to church even though honestly I just wanted to stay home. It was good..I was finally able to sit in church. I hadn't realized how much I had missed that feeling. After the kids and I just picked up lunch and came home to relax. Again it felt great just to not have anything on our agenda. That afternoon my parents came by to see the kids and I think they enjoyed that. We had a nice family evening once again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment