Saturday, September 3, 2016

Friends and The Chaos of Life

Well we are into full swing with school and our fall schedules now. The first few weeks of school I felt like I had a lot of time at home and time to balance everything but for whatever reason this week has seemed more busy and stressful. Part of it could be hormones but I am feeling burnt out already which is not good considering fall really just started! 
I try very hard to keep rest and downtime in our schedule. That is why on most weekends we choose not to do much. 
Well I have been bringing Colby's friend Nijel home after school. I didn't think it would be bad and its really not horrible I guess its just taking more out of me then I thought. 
The first week we just did a Friday and that was fine b/c the boys were able to just come home and play. 
The next week we did Thursday and Friday. Once again they had no homework so they were free to play. Not much stress! 
This week though I picked him up Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. All the days except Friday they also had homework. I had no idea how stressful it would be to get them to finish their homework. I had been bragging on Colby and how well he's been doing this year working independently on homework. I hope this doesn't end up affecting him in school. I have had to get very stern about them focusing and doing the work. Its mostly Nijel just being too hyper and talkative and silly. By Thursday I had had it and I put him in timeout. 
Thankfully next week we will get a break just due to life circumstances. I hate saying it b/c I am glad we can help out a friend and Colby loves it and its his best friend but it did make my life a little more crazy. 
Also the other thing I am feeling overwhelmed with is all my childcare duties. I love teaching and I am thankful with staying at home that teaching at church is something I can do. I love the kids and I really enjoy what I do. I feel dealing with the parents though is getting harder and harder. Lately I have had this 3 and 1 year old come in with food. First it was chickfila, then whole bananas, and then pizza and cookies! I am a little outdone at this! 
Anyway just some of the stuff going on in my head! 
The kids are doing well in school though. Colby had a MUCH better week behavior wise and Lindsay is doing so well in prek. I was able to go up there and see them both Tuesday after Bible study. I had lunch with Colby then helped the preschoolers out with their lunch. It was fun seeing them in their school atmosphere. 
I am excited about this long weekend and hopeful it will allow us time to rest and clear our heads and be ready for the upcoming busy that lies ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment