Friday, March 24, 2017

A New Week and the Flu and Birthdays

So this week has been different in that we've had sickness plaguing our household.
Monday Austin was really sick so he got up that morning and took himself to Urgent Care. I felt bad I couldn't go with him but I had an 8:30 dental appointment. After I went to the dentist I grocery shopped. He spent the majority of the day resting/sleeping. Poor guy I felt so bad. By that evening though the meds began to kick in and he was able to eat a good dinner with us and we even took a family walk. I was thankful for the extra family time. 
Tuesday I didn't have Bible study but decided to meet some friends for coffee that morning. It was nice to just get out and share some laughs with friends. With being cooped in all week with sickness I was starting to feel myself having a bad attitude. I needed that refresher. Once I finished that I went with Austin to drop his truck off and we went to lunch for Chinese. I was thankful that he was feeling much better. Later that afternoon I noticed I had a dry cough but I was hoping it was just allergies. I get that every year in March. I picked the kids up from school and we had another great evening as a family. Austin grilled burgers and we just enjoyed hanging out and having some time outside together. 
Wednesday was a sick day for me! I woke up in the middle of the night feeling funny so I knew I was in for the flu. I woke up that morning and felt ok but I had a cough/congestion and felt chilled. I got the kids to school and then luckily was able to come home to rest. I was glad Wednesdays are usually my no plans day anyway so it wasn't hard to just come home and rest. My day mostly consisted of me napping. I came in and ate some toast and took meds and once I took those I was feeling awful so I went and fell asleep for awhile. I woke up extremely nauseous due to the TamiFlu so I made myself eat some soup though. I figured I needed to put something in my stomach. I felt so much better after too. I once again stayed up for a bit then fell back asleep on the couch. I woke up around 1 and was starving! I decided to heat me up a leftover hamburger! Weird I know! But it was like my body needed red meat and protein! After that I felt a ton better but once again I took a nap and slept until like 3. I did a few things around the house until the kids got home. From the time they got home and austin got in I actually felt pretty good. They watched Inside Out while they keyed down from the day and I just relaxed. After dinner...my mom made us chicken and dumplings then we went outside for about an hour. I think that did us all good. I missed being at church but it was nice to put the kids to bed early and not all be exhausted from that. 
Thursday ...this was supposed to be my busiest day this whole week. I have to admit I was sort of dreading it b/c I knew how exhausted I would be. Colby had Awards Day, I would normally teach music, Colby had a kickball game, then to round out the day he has Scouts. Well I woke up this morning feeling pretty good...not 100% by any means but no longer on deaths door either. I decided though that I should stay in though and rest. Austin volunteered to take the kids into school which made my morning easier. I hated to not bring them and I missed Colby's Awards Day. I have never missed anything like that but I just knew I needed the rest and also not be around people in close spaces like that yet. Anyway I was glad to get the rest and be around the house for most of the day. I did go pick Lindsay up at carpool and got to see Colby's kickball game. I was so thankful to feel well enough for that. His kickball game went well. The kids have really improved. Even though this was technically only his 3rd game! his team won! After kickball my parents brought him to their house and I brought Lindsay home. I could tell she was tired plus I knew I didn't need to overextend myself nor get my parents sick. She and I had a nice low key evening. The boys got home around 8 and we quickly got the kids ready for bed. 
I know it doesn't sound like my b-day was very exciting and even though I was sick I was thankful for the time to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment