Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekend of Rest

So with all the sickness that has passed through our house this week...I sort of declared the weekend a no plans/rest time! 
Friday it was great to pick Colby up from school and not have anything on the agenda. The kids just played and we watched SING that night for movie night. It was weird because Thursday and Friday I felt pretty good but by Friday night I was starting to feel bad. 
Saturday I woke up with the worst sinus headache and just a really stuffy/pressure filled head. It was awful. I was just wishing I could stay in bed all day. The kids were disappointed to hear we would not be going anywhere but I knew I needed to stay home and focus on getting better. They played and watched tv and all in all we were all pretty lazy. I told them its ok to have a day like this once in awhile. They watched Inside Out and it was just great to have a low key day. That afternoon though we did great dressed and ready to go celebrate the March b-day girls at my parent's house. I was feeling ok but still kinda sickly so I definitely wasn't as talkative or fun as usual. 
Sunday I felt a lot better than Saturday but still not 100%. We went on to church to first service. I was so thankful it wasn't my week to teach. I know that sounds terrible but I don't think I would have had the energy this week. It was so nice to just be able to sit in church. Lindsay also sat with me and my parents. After church we picked up Popeyes and just came home to rest/relax. Austin got in early though and we had spaghetti for dinner and then went outside and took a walk and spent some time outdoors. 
It was a great way to end the weekend. I feel a little bad that we didn't do anything exciting really but also I think sometimes our lives are too busy and we just need to stop and rest. I even tried teaching my kids that this weekend. They were upset on Saturday that we didn't go "do anything" I tried to teach them that it was ok sometimes to rest and to stay home. I think all in all they enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment