Saturday, March 25, 2017

Girl's Day

So Friday Lindsay had a dentist appointment. I had planned all along for her to skip the day of school. I am trying to soak in this last year that I can keep her out on a whim before attendance and "real school" start! Anyway so she and I went straight to the dentist. She did so good! She has come such a long way from when it used to take like 3-4 people to hold her down. She did great and it was super quick and easy. 
Afterwards we went by Aurora to drop off some stuff. I had to drop of my music packet for the beach trip. Sadly, I am not going to make it this year. With Austin and I both getting sick I just felt it best for me to stay home. I didn't know when/if the kids might get sick and I didn't want to put that responsibility on my parents. Also Austin had gotten word he wouldn't be able to take the whole time off anyway. I know my parents totally don't mind helping take care of them but I also didn't want them to feel responsible for them the entire time I was gone. Plus with our getting sick Austin had to take some extra days off. Anyway needless to say this year just didn't seem like the right time. Its bittersweet...I really knew it would be good for me since I never do anything like that. Plus it would be out of my comfort zone. Its good though in the fact that its one less stress out of my life. Not that the trip would be stressful but it would be stressful next week preparing so I am glad just to have that load off. I also would miss another week of teaching music which with their Easter Performance coming up I just hated to.
Anywho....so we dropped the stuff off. We got to visit briefly with Lyn and Abby. I was glad for them to get to see Lindsay although she was pretty shy. 
So she and I after that went out to Lakeside. She has been asking for awhile now for a trip to the mall. I miss our days together. She and I always had a mommy/daughter day atleast once a week the last few years. So we got out there and the first thing on her agenda was getting beignets. She scarfed down two and left me with one. They were sure yummy though. I hope she will still want to go get beignets and coffee with me when she is 15. Since we arrived at the mall around 9:30 nothing was really open yet. We basically just walked around and window shopped for a little while. Her next to do was to ride the train. I was so proud of her for going alone. A couple years ago she wouldn't have done that! She was the only kid on the train! She loved it though! After that I took her to the Disney store which is always a must. I ended up getting her a stuffed animal. She has had her eye on it for awhile. 
After that she was ready to go. On our way home we stopped by Panera and got soup and Mac n cheese. Another thing to make our day complete! We mostly just relaxed until time to get Colby. I really did enjoy her company. she's so easy to just have at home. Colby has always been one that needs to go places or have things to do. Lindsay is content to play and draw. She also did some school work. She read a book to me and worked on some letters and number pages. I am thankful for days like today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment