Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Saturday Parties and Sickies

So the last week has been quite busy filled with the normal routines of life. Austin went back to work last Monday and I had a busy week just with kids stuff, school, church, music class, time with friends, and our patio being re-done. 
Saturday it felt so good to sleep in. The kids and I had a pretty leisurely morning around the house before getting out and going to Target. We had to buy a b-day present for one of Lindsay's friends. We got the present and then picked up Chickfila for lunch. We had about an hour and a half to just relax and watch tv.
We left for the party around 1:15. I had to first drop Colby off at my parent's house. I sometimes bring both to parties but I knew this one would be mostly little girls and it was at Storyland which he is about too big for now. Lindsay was super excited about this party and time with her friends. We got there and City Park was crazy busy though. I honestly questioned if we should just go home. It took us about 30 min to find a parking spot. We finally found one and we went in the park. We were the first ones to arrive for the party b/c we went in the Membership gate. Lindsay enjoyed some one on one time with the birthday girl. The party was nice I got to get to know some of the parents in her class. I don't know many of the kids/parents well yet so I am learning faces/names/families still. That afternoon we didn't get home until about 5:30. We picked up dinner and came home to rest/relax. Austin also got home a little early. He mentioned though during the day that he was not feeling well. We blew it off assuming it was just a cold coming on or something. That night we were definitely all ready for bed. 
Sunday morning Austin still wasn't feeling great but he was thinking he just had a bad upper respiratory thing and he thought he felt good enough to attend church. he had to count and since he missed last time he felt he should be there. I tried to convince him to stay home but he wasn't having it. I had to teach so he helped me for a little while in there. We had like 8 kids. they were really well behaved but we had 3 littles and its just hard to balance the big kids along with 2 year olds. Anyway after first service the kids and I came home. Due to having a busy day the day before I felt like I needed to get home to rest and be able to work on some stuff around the house. By the time Austin got home he wasn't feeling well at all. We ended up just chilling the rest of the afternoon. We did go out to get ice cream though. Late that afternoon/evening he started feeling really bad. Around bedtime he was running 104 degree fever. It quickly broke though thankfully and we were able to sleep. I hated that our weekend ended in sickness but it was nice to rest that afternoon. We did even sit outside some and watch the kids play which was good too. We have had such lovely spring weather lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment