Monday, March 6, 2017

Mardi Gras Break Part 1

So the kids got out of school on Friday and have the whole week off! We will be going to Disney on Wednesday. Its been lovely having some time off though and just resting. Austin has been working like crazy. Honestly we haven't seen much of him since last Tuesday. Its always a hard season but its better and easier now that the kids are older. 
So Friday night it was just the littles and I. We had a low key evening around the house. I made jambalaya and we had movie night. Now that they are older and Austin goes into the hotel its not as bad. They were both up until about 9. 
Saturday it was so nice to just sleep in a little and take our time getting ready. We had decided to not do any parading or anything major. My main goal was to relax and prepare for the trip. So that morning we did get out and go to a local park for over an hour. It was nice to get some sunshine and the kids made friends and played hard. Afterwards I took them to Chickfila for lunch. Again now at the ages they are I really enjoy spending time with them. The rest of the day was very low key. Lindsay spent the night with my parents so they came and got her about 2. Colby and I had a very quiet evening. We ended up taking a walk though which was nice. That night we had thought Austin would be in the hotel but he came home but he didn't get here until 11. It was hard to go to sleep that night b/c I felt so "keyed" up with him arriving late.
Sunday was a busy day. We had church. The kids and I went to first service. I was able to go into church which was always nice. Lindsay also went with me. I don't know but she has this thing that on the weeks I don't teach she doesn't want to go to her class. I don't think its a lot about me and not wanting to be with another teacher though as she is starting to get "too big" for the class. Anyway we came home after first service. We picked up lunch and it was nice to come home and relax. Austin got home that evening and we just had a nice evening together. 
Monday was a hard day for us. I am not sure if it was me...maybe being tired and stressed about the trip and the fact that Austin had been away just about for a solid week. Or that the kids were just crazy b/c they were excited about the upcoming trip! Anyway I felt bad but I snapped twice at them. We had a good day despite though. The only thing we did though was go to Target and work on preparing for the trip. 
Tuesday (Mardi Gras) We had hoped to get together with some friends but that fell through so instead the kids and I slept in a little and hung out then went to the park for awhile. It was a nice day outside so we enjoyed the playing and they needed to burn some crazy energy! Afterwards I took them to New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood. They were both craving catfish with the upcoming Lent Season so I figured we could go ahead and squeeze that in before it would be impossible to find in Disney! Anyway it was a really fun time with them. The rest of the day was spent just packing and prepping for our DISNEY trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment