Saturday, April 1, 2017

Field Trip Day with my Best Girl

Soo..Lindsay had her first official big girl field trip day. Now she's been on field trips but they were at her old school where the parents drove so she always rode in the car with me. So they were basically like giant playdates with the kids in her class. Today she rode on a school bus for the very first time. They went to the Children's Museum. We have been wondering all year if/when she would get her turn for a field trip. Anyway we finally got the notice in that she would be going to the LA Children's Museum. It was hard to believe that it was her turn for this field trip. We just did this last year with Colby. 
He didn't get to go this year b/c he's now grouped with the big kids. 
Anyway they left the school at 9. Another mom had asked to ride with me and I told her sure. So she and I rode over together and easily met up with the kids shortly after arriving. Since preschool parents have to attend there were plenty of parents on this field trip. Lindsay mostly wanted to stick by her friend Brielle. I felt like we walked from one side of the museum to the other. they didn't play in specific areas for long periods of time like she and Colby do. I think Lindsay would have stayed longer on them but her friend kept wanting to skip around. I enjoyed just watching her be a big girl and have fun. I got to chat with some of the moms throughout as well. I was definitely tired though by the time we left. 
When we got back to the school I went ahead and checked her out. I figured there was no reason to send her back just to eat lunch and take a nap. Poor colby had to stay though. She and I enjoyed a low key afternoon. It made me miss our time together. 
That evening we had a bit of a rough patch with Colby. He's been struggling this week with missing dojo points again. Its nothing major but he's missing them for things like talking and being out of his chair. I know deep down he's a really good kid but we also have to show him that its not ok to make poor choices at school. It also seemed like his grades were slipping a bit this 4th quarter. We had told him on Tuesday after a meltdown that if he didn't do better on Wednesday we would keep him home from church. Well sure enough he missed 4 points that day. Keeping him home was such a hard choice. I know how much he loves church and I hate doing that. It hurts me to see him hurt. We ended up having a nice evening though. I took them for Chickfila and we had a picnic outside. It ended up being a 1000 gifts kinda night. I feel like in the last 2 weeks God has provided some "slow down" time for us. Normally by this time I am feeling so stressed and burnt out. I try to view this just as a sign to enjoy downtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment