Sunday, April 9, 2017

That Busy Life

This week has been a really busy one for us. Its really just all routine things but after having 2 slow weeks I find myself exhausted and feeling that spring burn out. 
Monday Austin was off...it was nice to have him around. We had to bring Colby to his eye doc appointment then grocery shopped. The rest of the day was pretty low key though. Tuesday I had Bible study but then nothing else. I am always thankful that those 2 days are usually fairly slow for us. 
Wednesday as well I was home by myself for most of the day. I am always thankful for days like that! I needed it to prepare for the rest of the weeks crazy! That night we had church. We had missed the last 2 weeks so we were anxious to get back. We had 9 preschoolers that night so it was quite a busy and overwhelming evening! We were outside a majority of the time which was great but we also had a 1 year old with us and somehow he escaped out the play yard and into the parking lot which totally stressed me out! We went inside and went into Clubhouse to hear the Bible story and then we made a craft. I felt like the whole night I worked like a dog and the kids were just hard to deal with. It wasn't that they were necessarily that bad it was just we had some new ones and some really active ones and the 1 year old just made things difficult. Needless to say I came home wiped out! 
Thursday was my super busy day! Thursdays are always hard for me b/c coming off of Wednesday nights I am already tired when I begin my day. I had music class. Music was fun though. I really do love my job! I love that the I get to hang out with the kiddos and the working 1-2 days a week is perfect for me. After music I came home for a short afternoon. I had about 2 hours by myself at the house. During that time I had to straighten up things a tad b/c Austin's mom was coming in that night and I also had to prep some dinner to take to a friend. To say I was slightly overwhelmed with it all is an understatement. That afternoon I left the house to go drop off the dinner to my parent's and pick my dad up to go to Colby's kickball game. Even though its hard I have to say I love being out on the playground! This is so perfect for our family. Colby isn't into sports and honestly I don't think I would like our life being consumed by a sport right now but playing kickball a couple times a month is fun! I love being out there and talking with friends. Colby was in a funk though...I could tell he wasn't enjoying himself at all. He's had other games and seemed to enjoy it more. I have never pushed him into sports b/c I know that's not his thing but at the same time since this is through school and very very low key I feel its important for him to get the exposure. I mean it builds self confidence, team building, exercise, socialization, etc. They actually played 2 short games due to a rain out game the week before. I think they ended up winning 1 and losing 1. Lindsay loves the time outside to play with little friends. After the game we went to my parent's house to eat dinner and do homework. We are blessed that we can go to their house rather then trying to drive home or eat out somewhere. Its worked out well the few times we have done it. My mom cooks and we enjoy the time with my parents. I think they also enjoy the hustle and bustle in their house. That evening we had Scouts as well. The boys had a Pack meeting and they earned their Bear Badge. I cannot believe we have now completed 3 years of scouting. Colby has loved it and its been great for him and his little group of friends. That night Austin also went to pick up his mom and they met us at Scouts. It was busy, hectic when we got home though trying to get the kids wound down and headed to bed with maw maw at the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment