Saturday, April 29, 2017

Getting Back Into the Groove

So this week has been all about adjusting back into the school life and that busy life! After a week and a half off for Spring break---getting back into routines has been kinda hard.
So Monday Austin was off...it was nice to start the week with him off. That honestly made it feel like our vacation extended one more day. Mondays are my low key day. I grocery shopped and then honestly just rested and spent a lot of time outside that day. We had a yummy dinner of fried pork chops, roasted potatoes, and green beans. We also played outside after dinner. 
Tuesday was  back in gear for everyone! I had Bible Study...it was a little more work then normal b/c Ashley and I were leading it. It went well though. We only had 8 people though. It seems like by this time of the year people really start dropping off. We still had a nice time though. That afternoon Colby had a kickball game so it was a super busy day for us. I am thankful kickball is at school and its right after school but it still makes for a longer feeling day. We ended up going to Chick-fil-A for dinner too. Getting in after 5 would make it hard to cook and have everyone fed and ready for bed on time. Austin got to meet us so that was nice. We got home and let the kids play outside until it was time for baths. 
Wednesday was my break day. I am thankful for those days b/c it helps me to get through the mid-week crazy. I had a few errands to run after dropping the kids off but then I was able to come home and spend some much needed time at home. Its definitely my sanity saver. I am able to clean the house, work on Bible study, catch up on tv shows, lesson plan for church and music class, etc. As always we went to church that evening. We had a good night...I definitely needed it after the week before. We did have 10 kids though so we were quite busy! I am glad we are now having so many on Wednesday nights! Its such a blessing to see! I mean in years past most Wednesdays I had between 4-5 kids. 
Thursday was another busy one for me. I had music class that morning. Since I had missed 2 weeks with Easter I was missing the kids but also felt out of practice. It was also a bit of a different morning b/c they had an "in school" field trip that day. I did the classes an hour earlier though which was cool b/c I got home an hour earlier which was great since Colby had a kickball game. So once again we went to the game right after school. Austin also got there to see about the last quarter of the game. We decided with another late afternoon like that that we would just pick up pizza on the way home. Again I love that he's getting the opportunity to play a sport but having 2 games in one week I felt exhausted. I have no idea how people do it when they have more then that and practice to top it off. This was just enough for our family. After dinner we were able to get outside with the kids again. 
Friday oh sweet Friday! I am always thankful for Fridays since they are usually my fun day. I met up with my friends Ashley and Virginia for coffee. I have missed girl time so much! This month has been extremely busy and we've only been able to meet up 1 other time. I have so missed that sweet fellowship time! The rest of the day was low key for me which was much needed after the busy few days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment