Friday, April 21, 2017

Easter 2017

So Easter break of course began on Good Friday. It felt so good to sleep in a little and have no where to rush off to. I made the kids cinnamon rolls. We did make plans to meet up with a friend at a local park but that was it. It had been awhile since we had been to this particular park and hung out with this friend. It was a little girl named Ebbie. When they first moved here about 2 years ago she and Lindsay were super close but Ebbie is now in kindergarten which means at church she's upstairs and Lindsay is still downstairs with the preschoolers. Meaning the 2 rarely see each other. I was a little worried how the playdate would go but it seemed the kids all had fun. I enjoyed visiting with her mom Sadie. We only stayed a little over an hour though b/c I knew I had to stop by the grocery before coming home. We grocery shopped then picked up lunch. 
That afternoon we mostly relaxed knowing we had church that night. 
The Good Friday service as always was beautiful and very meaningful. I was able to go into service since I was working Easter. Lindsay struggled going into class alone but was fine after her friend Makylee arrived. We got home that evening and got the kids to bed and Austin and I watched tv and enjoyed a late night pizza...spring break is fun for the adults too! 
Saturday once again we got to sleep in a tad which felt great! Lindsay had a b-day party later that morning to attend. We left the house about 10:30 so we could drop Colby off at my parents then get her to the party. The party was for her little friend Claire. She was so excited to see her old friends Claire and Layla. The party was nice. I was able to visit with Cindy (Layla's mom) and also Melody b/c now Mia and Claire are in the same class at Lusher. I enjoyed chatting with the moms and Lindsay had a blast playing with her friends. It was a nice low key party. Once we left the party we picked Colby up and came on home. We had a lot to do to get ready for Easter at our house. Austin got home early though so it was nice to all be home and enjoy the rest of the day. The kids and I did dye Easter Eggs together which was fun! 
Sunday..EASTER day! We woke up to a lovely day. No rain first thing like last year...
We went to church for First Service. I was assigned to teach along with Austin. Well we knew we would have a big class but we ended up with 23 kids! It was a crazy house! I felt so overwhelmed. I mean I was able to stay calm and focused and just do what I could without stressing but as I've thought about it the rest of the week I think it was ridiculous. First of we had barely 2 year olds through 5 and 1/2 year olds in there and it was just honestly too much. Anyway it is what it is and that's all I can focus on is that I did my best I told them about Jesus and I can't worry about the rest. I am glad that many people were in church on Sunday. Anyway so after that our church had an Egg Hunt for the kids. Again I felt a little crazy b/c I barely made it out there in time and I was just still overwhelmed. Needless to say I was anxious to get in the car and head home. Poor Austin also had to count so it was just one thing after another on Sunday. The kids and I came home to cook and prepare for the Easter lunch at our house. We had my parents, Randall and Elizabeth, and our friends the Welbournes over. We had a really nice time. Everyone stayed until like 4:30 so we were wiped out once they all left. 
It was a long day but we were still so thankful and happy. I mean just celebrating the fact that Jesus is Alive can bring a smile to anyone! I was just thankful from there we had a week to recuperate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment