Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Friends and B-day parties

This weekend has been a nice one. It started with my parents stopping by to visit with us yesterday afternoon when I got the kids home from school. Then we had dinner as a family and had movie night. I love Friday nights at home. We are all such home bodies. By Friday I feel like we are all tired and just in need of some home down time and so that is what we do. 
Saturday was a very busy day for us. Colby had a b-day party for his friend Nijel. It was an all day/drop off kinda party. I am so thankful for this group of friends he has and that we have that we know he's in great hands to do this sorta thing. They had plans to take the boys to go play Laser Tag then coming back to the house to play and have pizza and cake. From everything he said he had a blast. Lindsay and I had our own fun planned. We made plans to meet up with her little friend Claire at the park. We haven't seen much of Claire this school year since the girls go to different schools now. It was fun getting to visit with Tayna and the girls played so well. We stayed at the park over 2 hours! Once we left the park we were both hot and hungry. I took her to lunch at Panera Bread. It felt good to sit down and relax a bit over lunch. It was fun girl time. After lunch we had to hit up SAM's. Going to SAM's over the weekend is not my normal idea of fun. It had to be done though b/c Lindsay had snack day on Monday. We quickly bought what we needed and got the heck out of there! We came home with just enough time really to put it all away. We then had to leave again to go pick up Colby. Needless to say I was wiped out once we got home. It was too late though to take a nap so I rested and watched tv though. Austin called and wanted to go out to eat but none of us felt like leaving. We finally decided on take out. We did have some excitement in the midst with thinking our washer was broken. It somehow leaked onto our floor. We still aren't sure what happened but thankfully its been fine since. That evening we just had some down time and playtime with the kids which was nice. 
Sunday it was great having Austin off and we were all well and feeling good. We went to first service. I had to teach. The morning went well though. I had 10 littles. They were all really good we were just busy. Lindsay mostly plays with Makylee these days. I am anxious for her to promote. I mean I really will miss having her with me but its time for her to spread her wings and I just feel like she's so old to be in my class. After church we left and drove out to Metairie to eat at PF Changs. We rarely go and do things on Sundays after church b/c we usually take it as a "rest day" and a time to just hang out at home and prepare for the upcoming week but since I was sick on my birthday we never really did a family outing. So I requested that we go see Beauty and the Beast. The movie was SO good. Again we don't normally do stuff like that on Sundays but it was a nice family outing. I think we all loved the movie. Once we got home most of the day was gone but the kids got to play outside some and we just had leftovers for dinner. 
It really was another great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment