Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Walk-A-Thon Day

This week has been fairly busy for us as we wound up the last week before Easter/Spring Break. 
Monday was honestly my only quiet day. I tried to soak up those quiet moments at the house alone since I knew the upcoming week would be filled with lots of noise and busyness. 
So Thursday the kids had a half day and a Walk-A-Thon to raise money for their school. I had of course volunteered to help out. Its a little sad though now that I don't have kids small enough that are really having Easter Parties. Lindsay's class did plan an Egg Hunt but that was it. Anyway I had also been asked by her teacher to meet with her at 7:45 before school to go over some things for the last week of school she wants me to help out with. Well I busted my butt on Thursday morning trying to get out the house early. I figured we could pick up breakfast rather then me spending time making something and that would save us time. We left our house at 7:20 but still didn't arrive at the school until almost 8. I felt bad that I basically missed the entire meeting. It was ok though the teacher gave me a quick run down of her plans and we discussed planning another meeting after Spring Break. 
So next up was the Walk-A-Thon. I was happy to see how many parents turned out to help. I had plenty of mom friends to talk to. I ended up getting assigned pinning the kids with their name/number sheet for their walking laps. There was several of us so I was able to float around a bit. Lindsay's group (prek-1st) were the first ones to walk. I enjoyed watching her go around. She did pretty good though...she did 13 laps! Next her class went to the Fitness Stations and Colby's group (2nd-5th) came out to walk. Again I enjoyed watching him and his friends. He also ended up walking 13 laps! Lindsay's class went to do their Easter Egg Hunt around that time too. I was able to step over to where they were doing that and watch her. The next group we had was Middle School. I wasn't interested in watching them so I went out to the playground for that. Both of my kids were out there by that point. I didn't get to see them do much though...Colby had already done the obstacle course and Lindsay refused. The rest of the time I helped pick up then I stayed with Lindsay's class the rest of the morning. Her class ended up having recess for about 30 min. It was nice again to just visit with a couple moms during that point. I had asked Colby if he wanted to leave early but he said no. After recess her class went to lunch. I ended up getting to eat with her. After lunch they were basically dismissed. It was a fun day and I thought a perfect way to kick off spring break! 
It felt so good to get home early that afternoon and relax! We were all pretty wiped out after the last few days! We were thankful for no where to be that night as well. It was nice just hanging out as a family. We even watched Annie that night for our movie night since we knew on Friday we would be at church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment