Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Visit With Maw Maw

So this weekend Austin's mom has been here with us. I think she's been struggling some lately. Its been since December when she was here previously so we figured spring time would be a great time for another visit. Plus with our schedules its been hard to find a time to go there. 
Friday the kids had school and Austin had work. I also had to work for a little while. I ended up dropping her by my parent's house to visit with them for awhile. It worked out great. I just had to go to Aurora and have the kids practice one more time before them singing on Sunday. It was super crazy though with them having Easter Parties and Easter Egg Hunts that same day. After I finished I stopped back by my parent's house and we visited a bit before she and I headed out. She wanted to stop at Walmart on the way home so we stopped at the Walmart grocery close to our house. I was anxious to get home though and relax. We got in and I did a few chores around the house before we had lunch. She and I sat down and had lunch together. It was nice to get that one on one time with her. We had a nice day. That afternoon we both ended up taking a nap. I was so tired. That end of the week just gets me! She rode with me to pick up the kids that afternoon and I think they liked that. We all got home that afternoon and Austin got in fairly early so we ate dinner all together. We had red beans and rice and salad. It was quite yummy. After dinner we ended up taking a walk then coming in to watch a movie. We watched the Live Cinderella. I think it was fun for her to be here for our normal routines...and of course the kids loved it too! 
Saturday morning it was nice to sleep in a little. We all got up around 7 though and Austin started breakfast for everyone. We had pancakes and bacon. Once we were all dressed we headed out to enjoy the day and the outdoors. We debated on what to do but decided a park trip was necessary with the gorgeous weather. We stopped at the one closest to our house. The kids had a blast and it felt good to be outside as a family. I was wishing I wasn't dressed up and could have exercised some. We decided that sometime we need to go up there as a family to work out. We were there for about an hour or so. Afterwards we decided to go by a local Farmer's Market. It was really fun just walking around and checking everything out. We did make a few purchases though. Colby picked out something for his teacher for her b-day (all his idea), we got some tamales, fudge, and salsa. We then walked up to the river and let the kids run around a bit. It was such a beautiful day. I think Linda enjoyed the time out and about as well. I think it was good for her to just have some distractions from life. After that we picked up po-boys for lunch and came home to have a picnic outdoors. I was so glad the weather cooperated and was gorgeous this weekend b/c we were able to spend so much time outdoors. We all came in and settled down to rest for awhile. Later that afternoon Austin, his mom, and Colby went to the store to get a few things. I enjoyed having a little quiet time with Lindsay. Shortly after they got home we took a long walk. That night we cooked up a big dinner. We had steak fajitas, spanish rice, tamales, and corn dip and chips. It was delicious. That night we just hung out and enjoyed time together. 
Sunday was another busy day. We were going to church at Aurora for their Palm Sunday activities. The kids were singing in church that I teach. It worked out well that Austin's mom was here to go with us. they had an Easter cantata that morning and I think she enjoyed the music. The kids sang and even Colby participated with them. Afterwards I worked Children's Church with Shelly. I enjoyed the different atmosphere. Even though I missed our church and friends its nice sometimes to get away and get a fresh perspective. Its also neat when you widen your world view and know that so many people all over are worshiping Jesus at the same time! Very cool! Anyway after church they had an egg hunt so the kids got to participate in that and they had fun. After church we went to eat at Olive Branch. It was yummy and I think we all enjoyed it. After that we even made a stop at Target. It was a very busy but fun day. We settled in at home and took a rest then basically spent the afternoon outside again. It was a great weekend...nothing big mostly just spending time together. 
Austin drove his mom home on Monday. It was nice to get back to normal but we will miss having her here. I am sure she will come down again sometime this fall and spend several days with us again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment