Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baby Shower & Glasses

So far we have had a nice weekend around here. As always I love Saturday mornings with my 2 little ones. This Saturday morning we had no where to be so we lazed around, ate breakfast, watched cartoons, and played in the backyard! I had a baby shower at 2 so I had to feed them both lunch early at 11 then put them down for naps. I knew there was no chance Colby would sleep but I still needed him to rest. I needed Lindsay to nap! She is down to just 1 nap a day most days so I knew I would be waking her up around 1:45. Colby did well staying in his room for a little while. After naptime we quickly dressed and headed out the door. I am not really used to doing stuff like that mid-afternoon so it was a crazy time trying to get everyone out the door. Colby went to stay with Mrs. Doris. She is like a grandma to me always has been since I was a little girl. When my parents would travel I would stay at her house. Its neat to see Colby loving his Mrs. Doris too! She has always told me she would watch our kids if we ever needed her to. Usually between my parents and Austin I am covered with babysitters but this Saturday Austin was working and my parents were out of town. I thought of her since the baby shower was literally down the street from her house. Colby loves to go walking and visit her so I figured he would love to stay at her house for a couple hours. I brought Lindsay with me to the shower. I figured it would be a lot trying to watch them both. Lindsay is into everything! Plus I figured it would be fun bringing a daughter to a shower. I know my mom always brought me with her to stuff like that. This happened to be the first shower that came up since she was born. I enjoyed dressing her up in her smocked dress and bringing her. I think she enjoyed the "girl" time as well!
The baby shower was nice. It was a small affair and I only really knew a couple of the girls well but its been nice getting to know some of these new girls from Calvary. Austin surprised us and was on his way home when we left the shower! So we had a nice evening in together the 4 of us!
When we got home to our surprise also we had a message that Colby's glasses were ready! We were not expecting them until later this week! Well Colby and I left immediately to go pick them up! He was very excited! I just see how God orchestrates even the small things! Had Austin not come home early it would have been hard for us to just go run pick them up! Anyway we got them and he really seems to like wearing them! I teared up though the moment he put them on he reached up and touched my cheek and said "mommy"...a moment forever frozen in time! It was like he was seeing my face clearly for the very first time! Anyway he has worn them now for 3 whole days and had no issues! I am so thankful! At first this seemed like such a bad thing and now I am seeing God written all over!
Sunday was another great day! We had church ofcourse. Austin had to work though so it was me and the kids. The kids have really adjusted well to their classes there. Colby seems to be learning a lot and Lindsay has several little baby girls to play with! My parents joined us this Sunday and took Colby home with them after church! He was so glad to see them! It was a nice break for me to just bring Lindsay home and enjoy the afternoon with her. My parents brought Colby back in time for us to go to lifegroup. They stayed with Lindsay during that. As always we enjoyed lifegroup as well. Sundays are busy but I am loving the day of worship we have. Sundays feel like SUNDAYS again and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment