Friday, November 30, 2012

Dates with my Boys!

Wednesday Austin was off again. We planned this day to do our Christmas shopping for the kids. I was excited because it turned out to be a cold, cloudy day...the best day for shopping! Colby had school until 2 so my parents kept Lindsay. It worked out well for us to have several hours out to shop! Not only was it productive but it was like having a date day too! We rarely get to go out alone so it was quite refreshing...plus we had fun shopping for the kids.
We went out to Lakeside...we began in the Disney Store. We knew of a couple little things for both of them we wanted to get. Then we went to PB Kids for Colby's big gift. This year he will get a train/activity table. It looks like a real table though so it will grow with him and Lindsay as they get older.
After shopping at the mall we went to Bravo for lunch. It was so nice to eat a quiet lunch just the 2 of us! Once again something we rarely get to do! After lunch we went to ToysRUs to finish up Lindsay's birthday and Christmas. By the time we finished there it was time to go pick up both kids.
We had promised that we would get our Christmas tree while Austin was off so we went straight there. Colby loved helping pick out a tree this year! I love that we got it so early too! Although we always have to put it up in stages. By that night we were all so tired we just put the lights on. We will probably do the ornaments over the weekend.
Thursday was Colby's school day as usual but that night he and I had a date night! Chickfila put on a mommy/son date knight. I thought the idea sounded good and I have always talked about wanting to do this type of thing with our children. I think its important for moms and dads to spend time seperately with both kids. I think daddies need time to bond with their sons. Colby and Austin do usually hang out a lot when Austin is off. I also think moms need special time with their boys! I miss my 1 on 1 time with my big boy! I also enjoy my girl time with Lindsay and ofcourse think its sweet and special when she and Austin get to enjoy some time! I invited 2 other friends to go with us. Casee and Christina have Tiano and Jax. Colby knows them both now through church and school. It was fun to go with some other moms. Colby enjoyed playing with other friends around too. Ofcourse we were busy tending to the boys mostly but we did get to visit some. I kinda think we should start this once a month! I think it meant a lot to Colby! He was very excited about it all day! I look forward to time with both my boys in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment