Thursday, November 29, 2012

Getting Back to Normal Life

Well after the Thanksgiving holiday and almost 2 straight weeks of being sick...getting back to the routine and normal has felt so good! Although sometimes I think God places a season of sickness in your life to cause you to slow down! We have had a very busy fall and will have a VERY busy December so the 2 weeks of slowness might have been good for us!
Sunday Colby was back to normal and had been on antibiotics for 3 days so I felt like it was safe for us to attend church! I am so glad we did too! I think he was grateful to be back as well! It felt so good to be around people and to do something normal! The kids seemed to have a great time getting back around other kids and I enjoyed being around adults! I did pick them up slightly early b/c I didn't want Colby to wear himself down too much! That afternoon we enjoyed naps and just being at home though. Lifegroup was cancelled so we had a low key evening!
Monday was back to school! This day was a welcome sight for everyone! I have to say I did like having Colby home in a lot of ways since he is now gone 5 days a week and I felt like he and I bonded through the whole ordeal but he was also getting very needy. I could tell he missed that outlet of friends and just that time to be a kid with other kids. He was so excited to go back! It also helped me be productive! 2 weeks of having 2 kids at home 24/7 I felt like I fell behind with a lot of stuff. Lindsay and I went to Target. Even though I had her she is a pretty easy shopper. Afterwards we came home and enjoyed a couple quiet hours before big bro came home! As always 2:15 when he gets home until bed time were VERY busy!
Tuesday was another school day. Fortunately Austin was off today. I left early with the kids to drop them off with my parents so I could go to Bible Study. The reason for doing that even though austin was home is so he can get a few quiet hours alone. Its rare he is home a lone so since my parents are used to babysitting on Tuesdays I figured it was ok. Plus after Bible study we were meeting with the pastor. I am sad that the Bible Study is coming to an end. this has been an awesome study on revelations and I feel like I have learned so much! Its also my outlet during the week! Its the one day I get to be alone and fellowship with other women and just enjoy some peace! Austin met me up at church and we drove around until time for our meeting. We scheduled the meeting with the pastor b/c we have been visiting for a little over 2 months. We are interested in joining so we wanted to talk with him about that. It ended up being a great meeting. We were glad we chose to meet with him. It let him get to know us and know a name/face and we got to know him better. After the meeting Austin went to pick up Colby from school and I picked up Lindsay. We all came home for lunch and resting. That afternoon Austin and Colby worked on the outdoor lights!
We are so thankful to be well and getting back to our regular activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment