Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Family and Weekend Fun

Wow this week has been a whirlwind since Halloween night! We didn't have much if any time to recover from that holiday! We hit the ground running once again on Thursday! Thursday Colby had school and I had MOPS. That means for a busy, tiring morning. I have to drop Lindsay off then drop Colby off then go to MOPS and repeat! I love MOPS though so its worth all the travel! That afternoon Austin's parents were coming in so I was in a rush to get the kids home so we could all rest! At first I thought it was going to be a horrible day b/c neither settled down right away to rest but eventually they did nap and they took nice, long naps at that! I was thankful since family was visiting. Austins parents came in around 4:15. It was good to see and visit with them. It had been since the summer since they were here. We visited for a short while then went to the local Mexican place to eat dinner. At first I wasn't crazy about the idea of taking 2 kids to dinner especially since Austin was working late and wouldn't be there to help me but I decided since they both napped it would work out. They actually both did great! Soon after we got home Austin got home. We visited with his parents for a bit then they went back to my parent's house to sleep so we could all rest!
Friday was another busy day! I brought Colby to school then came home so we could hang out with Austin's parents. They ended up going to pick satsumas at a neighbors house so I walked Lindsay over there. After awhile she started getting tired so she and I came home and I fed her lunch and put her down for a nap. Austin and his parents went back to pick up Colby at noon. They picked up pizza for our lunch. We enjoyed lunch and visiting with them. They played outside with Colby for awhile before the left to go home. I know he enjoyed all the attention and extra playing! The last few days were really a treat for him! After they left we let him unwind with a movie. It was nice having Austin home on a Friday evening! That's a treat for us all!
Saturday we had a laid back morning which was nice! Now that Colby is in school full time I really treasure our Saturdays. We wake up early every day and go somewhere so Saturdays are our lazy day! We sleep later, we cook pancakes, we watch cartoons and I get housework done while the kids play! I love it! That afternoon Colby had a birthday party so we stayed in that morning. We took a walk which I also love! I love spending mornings with my little ones! I know we are together every afternoon but by then we are all cranky and tired! So I love seeing them play together and be sweet in the morning! Austin came home early so he could watch Lindsay while I took Colby to the party. It was for Sean a little boy who is in his class. Sean is autistic so it was a very casual birthday party. There were only 3 other kids there. I am guessing b/c the stimualtion of a lot of kids stresses him out. I felt honored that Colby was invited. Sean must think highly of him. Colby enjoyed the party but I think he got bored towards the end. Like I say it was a very quiet birthday which Colby isn't really used to plus we didn't know anyone other then Sean and his parents. We came home and had steaks and baked potatoes that night as a family of 4! Once again having Austin home on the weekends is always a blessing b/c it doesn't happen often!
Sunday we had Austin home again which was nice! It is great when we can go to church as a family of 4! Now that we go to Calvary we have a low key morning which is nice too! We don't have to leave our house until 10 to get there! I think both kids are really getting adjusted to their new classes and friends. Lindsay barely even cried this week as soon as she saw her new friend Maggie she sat right down and started playing! Church was good for us too! Since we get out later and with lifegroup in the afternoon we just come home for lunch. We picked up Wendy's and ate so that we could all take naps. We had a busy afternoon trying to get ready for the week and ready for lifegroup. Its nice though that our lifegroup is in the neighborhood so its not like we have to go far! Once again it was a nice evening. Colby always has a blast with Christiano and my parents come keep Lindsay. It helps that we don't have to drag them both with us especially since Lindsay goes to bed so early and she is into everything anyway. It was such a busy week but full of fun things so I am thankful for that! Here we go quickly into a busy season of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment