Saturday, November 10, 2012

Colby's Eye Appt

So Monday was Colby's eye appointment at Children't Hospital. His appointment wasn't until 1:30 so he was able to go to school that morning. My parents kept Lindsay so that we could both go to the doctor with him. We picked him up a few minutes early and he was so upset with us! I felt so bad and also thought the day was destined to be a bad one from that point! Luckily he cheered up after a lunch at McAlister's. We figured it would be nice to treat him to a special mommy/daddy lunch. Also since we aren't going to MBC anymore we don't go to McAlister's either! He enjoyed the lunch. We got to his appointment and things went really smoothly. We hardly had to wait at all. It was easy to find, easy to park, and everyone was super friendly! I was so glad after our last appointment!
The doctor didn't take long to say or spot there was a problem. He basically said the same thing the other doctor did he just explained it differently I guess. It boils down to Colby has severe hyperopia. He is very far sighted and basically everything he sees is blurry. He said b/c he has always seen this way is why we didn't notice there was a problem. His brain registers the blurry objects. He did say though he was doing remarkably well. I think this shows his stubborn, perfectionist personality. I am so thankful we can help him though! I can't wait till he gets his glasses and he can really see this beautiful world! It makes me sad when I think how hes having to think extra hard to see when the rest of us take sight for granted every day!
I was so upset at his first appointment but I had time to think and pray about it. Now I have come to realize that God designed him not me! I have to realize that God has a plan for him. I totally believe God could correct his eye sight 100% one day if he chooses, but if that's not his will wearing glasses or contacts isn't a major thing these days!
We took him for icecream after the appointment. It was a bribe/reward! He really did so well at the appointment! I was so proud of him! I know it was a long day and he was worn out! After icecream we went to the mall to buy him some glasses. We found some cool little boy blue ones! he's excited! They had to order them though so it may be 2 weeks before we get to see them on him!
All in all it was a good day! I am thankful for those in the medical profession to take care of us...I am thankful for good insurance...and I am thankful for modern medicine! I will post a picture when we have one of him in his snazzy blue glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment