Monday, February 18, 2013

Back to Routine & Sick

So we got back into town Saturday morning from our Mardi Gras trip to Hattiesburg. Wouldn't you know the same day we got home we discovered Lindsay is sick. We should have known friday evening. She was a little fussy and started refusing to eat, but showed no other symptoms. Saturday afternoon she took a 4 hour nap! She never does that! When she woke up she had 102 fever. The only other time she has run fever that high is when she had the flu last April. Don't think this is the flu though....she also had diarrhea the rest of the weekend. Doesn't really seem like a stomach bug either though. Must just be some crazy virus. We went on to my brother's b-day gathering Saturday evening. I gave her tylenol before we left and by the time we got there her temp was between 99 and 100. She seemed ok as the night went on still a little whiney but she perked up towards the end of the evening. We enjoyed the gathering but it was hard on all of us after getting back from a 4 day trip. Austin had gone back to work earlier that day so he was exhausted...Colby was acting like a crazy person from being around grandparents so much! That night I think we were all glad to get in our own beds!
Sunday morning we had church. Since Lindsay had run fever and still wasn't seeming herself Austin came home to stay with her and I brought Colby to church. I really appreciated him doing that. I worked in the nursery the week before and I just really need to have that time in church for myself or I feel like my week just goes crazy! Colby also enjoyed getting back to his class. We came home though and spent the rest of the day around the house. We skipped lifegroup with Lindsay being sick and the rest of us just being so tired. I hated to do it but I think we could all use the break.
Today (Monday) Colby went back to school. It was hard waking up at 6am but it felt good getting back to routine. Plus I think Colby was ready to get back to school! I have enjoyed his time home but it was time for me to get back to my routine too! I had to grocery shop which I really hate doing with both of them it just feels like it takes twice as long. Lindsay is still not back to normal. She's very hoarse sounding today so I have no idea what type of bug this is. If she's not better by tomorrow I may call the doc just to get her throat and ears checked. She's waking up whimpering some which makes me think she's in pain. I know she's also getting teeth though so its just all around bad for her! I hope she feels good tomorrow so she can go to GymRompers. Since she hasn't run fever since Saturday I think she is ok to be around other kids and she isn't coughing or even have a runny nose. She just seems like she feels blahh. She's not eating much but she is still drinking so that's good! The rest of the week will be busy with GymRompers, MOPS, and coffee with a friend. Don't know what else we will do but its good to get back to routine life! But I am sure by Friday I will be ready for the weekend haha...isn't that the way life goes!?

No comments:

Post a Comment